Headcanons Special Halloween (2/2)

(In this chapter : Kenji, Chuuya, Atsushi & Dazai)

Kenji 

• No one really knows who is responsible for this trip at the fair. To be honest, after reading the fair's booklet, the will to go there took precedence. Especially from work.

• You didn't know how you did it, but you both managed to get in without being kicked out by the cashier, knowing you were both minors. Not to be reproduced at home, of course, because it's not good for children.

• During all of the morning, you had been doing a series of attractions, with an undisguised preference for bumper cars. Noon was fast approaching when you decided to do something you hadn't done yet.

• Unsurprisingly, especially if you read the attraction's name, it was a haunted house. And it was 99% certain that the idea this time came from Kenji, not from you. You weren't reassured at all, remembering childhood memories about you coming in such a place, and in which you ended up screaming and crying the whole time, clinging to your parents' clothes and begging them to get you out of here.

• Unsurprisingly there too, at that time you hadn't had any opportunity to enjoy the haunted house, given the fact that you had spent more time with your eyes closed than open. But now, at the very moment, it was going to be different.

• Why? Because you were no longer a child and had grown up. You realized afterwards that these two reasons were in reality only one, and that you didn't have any others in store.

• However, it was too late to turn back, now that you had stepped in this sordid place, as dark as you remembered it. And as expected, once again, you hadn't let go of Kenji an inch, and even grabbed his sleeve as you sank a little deeper into this red lights and poor special effects' inferno.

• But hey, it was still enough to scare you, despite your years older.

• You had reached the peak of your vocal chords when a zombie popped in front of you, and this time it was a real person hidden under a costume, instead of the inanimate cardboards and mannequins encountered so far.

• You never thought you could scream as much as you did right now. You had clung to Kenji tightly, and ended up closing your eyes, repeating the same mistakes as in your childhood.

• Life is just one long vicious circle, afterall.

• It's no wonder Kenji wasn't scared for a second, and kept smiling no matter what, even laughing at the sight of the pumpkins used as decorations, comparing them with those of his village. 

• (You didn't dare to tell him that these pumpkins were definitely not real, not wanting to shatter his dreams)

• But when he heard you scream like that, he had no choice but to act. Flying to your rescue, and wishing to "discipline" this zombie who was terrorizing you, he grabbed it by the collar... and sent him fly through the plastic pumpkin's decorations.

• The poor zombie had bitten the dust, when he only wanted to do his job, like all the others who followed after him. Let's just say that a minute after the other, the surroundings were more filled with pain groans than these terror screams supposed to frighten the visitors.

• You were not entirely out of the haunted house, you thanked the counter clerk at high speed, telling him that it was very good and that you had a good time, but, strangely, you were in a hurry.

• Pulling Kenji with one hand, you dragged him out as fast as you could, glancing nervously behind you from time to time. It was only when you were almost there that you heard exclamations.