Chapter 4- Im not okay

Nicks Pov:

"No I'm not okay" Charlie says through sobs.

"I know love shhh. Here put your earbuds in and listen to music I'll stay here the whole time I promise okay?..or we can go to my house if you feel safer there" I suggest. I know my house is pretty safe. My mom knows everything that happens with Charlie and let's me bring him over whenever he needs.

"Your house" Charlie mumbles. "But we should wait till yelling stops" he says.

"Okay we can do that" I say gently.

"Nick can you lay with me" he asks and my heart melts for him again.

"Of course bub" I say and lay next to him. I hold him and he just lays there crying. I feel so bad there's not more I can do.

Just then we here one final "fuck off I'm a great mother and if you don't think so fine fuck you...deal with them on your on. I'm leaving" and we here the door slam. That was his mom. Then his dad comes up. He says gently "hey bud your mom is gone. I don't know if she's coming back but I mean she always does right?" He says.

"Mhm" he responded. "Nick your house now" he says.

"Okay let's go" I say as we walk out of the bedroom.

We walk to my house and we are greeted by mom. I'm so lucky. She is the sweetest mom in the world. "Hey guys everything okay?" She asks concerned.

"Hey char go up to my room I'll be up in a second okay" I tell him. I don't want him to hear everything.

After I know he's gone I explain. "No everything is not okay. He slipped into little space at school, his mom and dad got into a big fight, he had a panic attack cuz of it and his mom is gone and there is almost nothing i can do to help" I say trying to not cry.

"Just be there. That's all you can do." She says.

Just then I go upstairs and see charlie sitting on my bed. "Hi" is all he says obviously still shooken up.

"Hey char...you okay?" I ask

"No I'm so idk anymore" and he starts to cry again.

So I just lied there with him for an hour...it's all I could do. And I did. I love him sm.
___________________________________________

Charlie Pov:

I'm so embarrassed I cried for so long in front of Nick even though I know he wants to and he is there but what if he feels forced to stay with me...ugh I hate myself.

When I'm not even realizing it I start to hit my leg a little because I'm getting upset..Nick notices and grabs my hand. "Hey hey calm down your okay" he says in a gentle voice.

I just mumble "sorry"

"Its okay no need to apologize char"

And I start to slip again. Dammit I'm so stupid...stupid stupid stupid...I'm not four I'm 15 I shouldn't be acting like a 3 yr old it's weird..why am I weird...why do I do this..WHY.

Nick then notices "heyy you little bub?"

I can't talk so I just nod and say "mhm"

"Okay hun im here okay? Your safe"

Just like that I feel safe...then I fall asleep in his arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------
A bit of a wholesome part for you...next is gonna be a little sad again...srry...but your gonna get Ollie and Tori...gonna work on it...also sorry I haven't been updating there is alot of stuff going on with school starting bit imma try to update more I promise. <3

-Riley 💕