↝ one

Emmy stepped out of her car, her bag on her shoulder and her books in hand. She didn't go with Nancy to school, she preferred going alone.

Nancy was miss perfect, miss gets everything she wants, miss can do no wrong. Emmy would never admit it, but she envied her. Her parents liked Nancy more, she always knew.

It wasn't their fault, Emmy was an outsider. She wasn't perfect, she didn't have the best grades even though she tried, and most importantly, she didn't have a picture perfect life.

She was always the quiet one, she liked it that way. That way, nobody would realize how awful she was.

Emmy headed to her locker, putting her stuff in it. Once she closed it, she was met by a blue eyed blonde, smirking at the young girl. She raised one eyebrow at him and looked at his entire body before reaching his face

"Can I help you?" She asked as she crossed her arms over her chest

"Actually, yes. I'm a bit confused. what time should our date be?" The man said, making Emmy glare at him, disgust all over her face, "I'm billy, and you are beautiful"

She fake smiled at him and pretended to look at the time, "I'm late" She exaggeratedly said and walked away

"I'll see you later, doll!" Billy yelled, making Emmy walk away faster as she rolled her eyes.

What a dipshit.

"Hey hey" Steve said as he walked up to her, making her slow down, "What's going on? Did that asshole do something?"

"No, no, it's okay" She said, her voice now lower as she looked away

Steve Harrington was her best friend, he was a ladies man but he always made time for his best friend, and he always knew when she was off. Which technically, was always. He couldn't blame her, even though she never talks about it, he knew. He knew that her life at home was something different.

"Hey, how about we go to Tina's party tonight, it'll be fun, yknow?" He said

"You know me, Steve. I don't do parties"

"Come on, just one time? For me, it'll be fun! Please??" He said, she saw his pleading eyes and couldn't say no

"Fine, but i'm gonna kill you if it goes badly" She said, waving her finger at him

"Yep yep, goes badly, kill me, that's off the list now let's talk about you and Nancy" Steve said, making Emmy go quiet. He knows she gets uncomfortable, but he hated to see her so miserable because of her sister, so he had to do something to help.

"I'm gonna have to take a rain check on that, class is almost starting, bye Steve" Emmy said, avoiding him quickly as he lost her in the crowd, she may be avoid it this time, but one way or another, it'll come out.

————
Sooner or later, Emmy headed straight home after school, and was forced to deal with dinner once again.

She sat quietly as she ate the food, her eyes glued on it,not wanting to look anywhere else.

"So Nancy, how was school today?" Karen asked as she grabbed another bite of the food

"Good good, I have a study date though, with Jonathan. Important exam" Nancy said

"Of course, our smart girl" Karen said, her and Ted smiling while Emmy desperately wanted to hide in her room forever.

"And you?" Karen said, Emmy paused for a second

Was she talking to me?

"Normal, like every other day, there's this new girl, we think she might be the one that topped dustin's score at the arcade" Mike said, making Emmy go back to eating

How could i be so stupid to think she'd ever ask me.

For the rest of the time, they just ate as they talked about their day and other things they wanted to mention, and as always, Emmy was never part of that conversation.