𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝗼

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

╚═══ -ˋˏ *

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

Once arriving in Miramar, California also known as Fightertown USA. Ava was immediately ready to get to work, being in the company of some of the best pilots in the world was something she was so pumped about. She couldn't wait to learn more about flying from the best of the best and prove to people that she was indeed the best pilot even if she was a girl.

Ava is sitting beside Ash across from Maverick and Goose in one of the base classrooms, there was a video being played on the TV.

"During Korea, the Navy kill ratio was 12-to-1. We shot down 12 of their jets for every one of ours." Ava could feel eyes on the back of her head and glanced over her shoulder to see the pilot sitting directly behind her looking at her.

He was definitely hot, he had blonde hair and blue eyes, his jaw was cut and flexed every time he chewed that piece of gum in his mouth, he was spinning a pen in his fingers and gave Ava a smirk and a wink that made her chuckle before she gave him a smirk of her own and turned back around.

"What are you doing?" Ash leaned closer and whispered in her ear

"Checking out the competition." Ava said with a shrug making Ash shake his head

"During Vietnam, that ratio fell to 3-to-1. Our pilots become dependent upon missiles. They had lost some of their dogfighting skills. Now Top Gun was created to teach A.C.M. Air Combat Maneuvering. Dogfighting." The instructor, Jester explained

Ava looked over and saw the look of excitement in her brothers eyes making her smile softly, this is everything they had been working for since their dad died. Being the best pilots they could be, and here they were.

"By the end of Vietnam, that ratio was back up to 12-to-1. Blinds, please." Jester said and the blinds immediately opened letting light into the room making Ava squint for a second. "Now I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to our commanding officer at Top Gun. The very first man to win the Top Gun trophy. You will not find a finer fighter pilot anywhere in the world. Commander Mike Metcalf. Call sign Viper."

Ava along with the rest of the pilots turned their heads as Viper walked down the aisle, confidence oozing off of him.

"Gentlemen." Viper said before his gaze locked on Ava, a impressed smile crossing his face. "And Lady. You are the top one percent of all Naval Aviators. The elite. The best of the best." Ava and Maverick exchanged smirks making their RIO's sigh knowing that this was going to be a long few weeks. "We'll make you better. You'll fly at least two combat missions a day, attend classes in between and evaluations of your performance. Now, on each combat sequence, you're gonna meet a different challenge."