two

Spring

I wake up next to Luke and he is spreading his entire body across the bed like a starfish making his leg on top of my body. I chuckle and look at my best friend with so much love. I can't help but say he makes me weak to my knees and makes me want to melt but of course we're just friends so that won't happen.

I check my phone and see that it's 11:35 am and I slap my forehead forgetting to set an alarm for 9 am because he has to wake up for an interview on Instagram live with the rest of the boys. I decide to grab his phone and of course I seen a TON of messages from everyone.

From: Michael

Wake up you dumb ass we have the interview on live

From: Ashton

Are you serious Luke?

Calum:

ur so lucky

"Luke, wake up," I shake his body a little and he doesn't move. "Don't make me spill a cup of water on you again Hemmings," I threaten. He opens one eye immediately.

"You wouldn't," he replies groggy.

"I would and you know it," I laugh. He grabs my waist closer and snuggles in more.

"Come on bestie, don't you wanna cuddle with me a little more?" He pouts and snuggles his head into my hair. I feel so weak when he gets me into this position so I sigh.

"You missed your interview and Ashton is kinda upset," I say as I get out of his grip. I show him his phone and he rolls his eyes. He quirks his eyebrow at me first and says, "You read my messages? You figured out my new password?" He seems upset and is looking at me the way he looks when he's irritated. I roll my eyes at him.

"You go on my phone ALL the time reading all my texts and dms," I scoff at him. He goes through my phone like it's his second phone so I don't understand why he's all upset for.

He gets up, totally ignores me and slams the bathroom door. "Break the door why don't you," I yell at him. He blasts music in the bathroom and I start to get ready.

-

He walks out the bathroom and is dressed yet completely silent again. I don't get why he's being all childish, very one sided of him to act this way.

We hear a knock and he opens the door and I see the boys. "Hey spring," they all say together. They engulf me in a big hug except Ashton, I see him speaking to Luke.

As we're talking I see Luke getting more upset with Ashton and he suddenly a loud bang. It's his phone thrown across the room. He grabs the journal I gave him and his hotel key.

I walk towards him but he shoves his shoulders against mine and walks outside. "Don't follow him," Ashton directs me. "He's not in the right mindset right now and he can't have you babysit him." Calum and Michael sit on our bed and rub their faces.

"This is becoming so bad, it's getting noticeable to the fans and the media. I don't know what we're going to do," Michael says. He rubs his face harder and tugs his hair. "We have soundcheck in a few hours, can you find him? He softens up to you more than us." He turns to me and I nod.

I know where he could be, only one place really. The arcade. 

-
I see Luke's brown journal in his back pocket, and he's playing Pac-Man. I wonder what is running through his mind and what Ashton must have said to him.

I walk up to him and he doesn't even move his attention towards me. "Luke?" I ask. He doesn't even turn to look at me. "What's going on? What happened?" I ask him again. Nothing again. He finally turns to me and stops his game after he dies.

"Ashton is just an asshole," he sighs and walks towards the table in the back of the arcade room. "He just doesn't understand that things happen and that sometimes it's really an innocent mistake." He grabs my hand on the table and draws little swirls with his finger on it making me smile and weak at the same time. 

I close my hand in attempt to grab his finger and he chuckles a little. "Can I see your phone spring?" He puts both his hands out and puts his sad face on and I roll my eyes at him. I hand him my phone and he begins to smile a little and takes a funny picture of himself. 

"Let's get you back," I say as I get up reaching out with my hand. He groans and throws his head back and I wiggle my fingers waiting. He grabs my hand and is side by side with me.

"Can you stay with me before soundcheck? I think Michael and calum might feel awkward," he states as he rubs the back of his neck. I nod in response.

We enter the elevator and I turn to him, "did you use your journal today?" I point to the brown book and he nods.

"You can't read them," he says as if he read my mind. I punch his arm and next thing you know we are in front of our hotel room.

"Keep your cool alright? Just ignore them and stick with me." I insert the key and everyone is still in our room. Michael, Ashton, and Calum are laying on our bed streaming on Instagram im sure.

Calum looks at me and I shake my head to not show Luke and he nods. "Alright folks, we gotta go get ready for our show! See you all soon!" Ashton kisses the camera and Michael sticks the middle finger out.

It was awkward for a second before Michael threw a pillow at Luke, "Alright grumpy let's get you ready to rock n roll," he tries to joke.

"Dude that was disgusting," Calum chuckles. He looks at me for a second and doesn't say anything.

Luke notices and goes in front of me, "What time do we need to leave?" He grabs a sweater from his duffel bag and throws it at me.

I look at him confused and he points to me saying, "Put it on." It's like seventy degrees outside and he wants me to put it on? I do it anyways just because he's already upset and I don't want to push it any further.

———

I saw 5sos @ concord yday 6/14 ugghhhh im so happy Luke was amazing as fuck, calum was so cute, at soundcheck HE LOOKED AT ME FOR A SECOND AND I GOT NERVOUS, Michael is hilarious, ash HE CAN GET IT