The Psychic

Ash POV

I groggily woke up the next morning at around 5 o' clock. I had slept for almost 15 hours; something was very unlike me. Pikachu stirred next to me and also got up.

Across the room, Misty was still asleep and so I quietly got dressed and left the room as to not wake her up.

I walked out of the Pokemon Center with Pikachu on my shoulder and decided to go find the Gym. While we were walking, I remembered the incident I had yesterday.

I was still very confused about the whole ordeal, but I decided to ignore it for now. Once I got the badge, I could leave this place and not worry about it again. After about 15 minutes of walking, I found the gym.

It looked pretty normal from the outside, but I could sense a powerful presence in the inside. I started to become very suspicious and realized that there was probably a good chance whatever was in this gym caused what had happened yesterday.

I quickly went back to the Pokemon Center and saw that Misty had woken up and was ready.

"Are you gonna have breakfast? I'm skipping for today to fight the gym" I said.

"Huh, um, I guess I'll come with you" she said and got up.

I nodded.

We made our way over to the gym. On the way, I saw several other people who gave off the same kind of power that I encountered at the gym, but on a lower scale.

I opened the large doors and walked into the gym. Misty went to the stands and sat down while I looked around for the gym leader.

I then suddenly noticed a power surge coming from the opposite side of the battlefield and I looked in that direction. After a few seconds, a girl appeared.

I widened my eyes. It was the same person who had basically tortured me yesterday.

"You..." I growled.

The girl stepped back in surprise. Then she grinned.

"So, it's the Aura user who comes to my gym. It's quite bold of you to be here" the girl said.

"What do you mean? How do you know that I'm an Aura user?" I asked confused.

"I can sense your presence, just like I know you can sense mine" she responded. "But your presence is unlike the others here at Saffron City, and there are only two types of special humans. It was not too hard to guess that you were an Aura user."

"Then what are you?"  I asked.

"A Psychic. The opposite of an Aura user. That is why I probed into your head yesterday, to confirm my theory."

I growled. She nearly killed me.

"Whatever, enough of this chit chat. Let's get this battle done with" I said and pulled out a Pokeball.

The girl smiled. 

"As you wish."

A referee came onto the battlefield and announced the rules.

"This will be a 2 on 2 battle between Gym Leader Sabrina and Challenger Ash Ketchum. Please send out your first Pokemon."

I raised an eyebrow, trying to figure out how this guy knew my name, but realized it was probably because he was a psychic as well.

I decided to use Gible and Poliwag since Scyther had fought in quite a few Gym battles by now. I decided to start with Gible then use Poliwag.

"Gible, I choose you!" I said.

"Interesting choice, go Kadabra!"

"Battle begin!" the ref called.

"Alright, Gible use Rock Tomb!"

Gible roared, and several boulder started to emerge rapidly out of the ground. One hit Kadabra, sending it flying back.

Sabrina, however, did not seem to worried.

"Use Psychic"

Suddenly, Gible was surrounded in a pink hue and started to levitate. I growled, this wasn't going to be good.

"Gible use Dragon Breath!" I yelled.

I needed to break Kadabra's concentration to make it release Gible.

Gible sent a beam of draconic energy at Kadabra, but it just took it and continued to lift Gible into the air. Once Gible got high enough, Kadabra slammed it down.

"Gible! You alright?" I asked.

'Y-Yeah. I don't know if I can take another hit like that again, though' Gible said with getting up shakily.

"Kadabra, use Confusion!" Sabrina called.

While using the move, Kadabra seemed to be a little bit slower, and I quickly realized that the Dragon Breath must've paralyzed it.

I grinned, this could end up becoming quite useful.

While I was observing the Pokemon, Gible dodged the beam of pink energy and quickly burrowed into the ground.

Kadabra didn't even hesitate and sent another beam of energy at a random spot on the battlefield. Gible came out only to be hit with another strong attack.

'Damn it' I thought in my head. 'You alright, Gible?'

Gible just nodded weakly.

I needed to end this quickly.

'Gible, use Sand Attack, to throw it off, then use Bulldoze' I said.

Gible ran up to Kadabra as it if it was going to attack.

"Psychic!" Sabrina called with a smile. I was surprised, the entire time, her mood had been foreboding and dark, but now, those walls had broken down.

Gible quickly turned and kicked sand into the Pokemon's eyes and canceled the attack. Gible then started to run forward and was ready to ram into Kadabra when it was sent flying into a wall.

"W-What? How?" I asked wide eyed.

"You are not the only one who can speak to Pokemon mentally. I ordered Kadabra to use Future Sight before this attack, which meant that it would not miss" Sabrina said, the smile still on her face. She looked pretty good when she did that.

I shook my head from my thoughts and focused back onto the battle.

'Gible! You good?' I asked.

Gible groaned and slowly stood up. I was surprised at the amount of willpower Gible had. Just like at the Vermillion City Gym, Gible had gotten up even when it seemed that there was no way.

Suddenly, a bright blue light surrounded Gible. It grew until it was about 4 and a half feet tall, and I could make out several new features. Gible now had a neck, some weird kind of wings on its much larger hands, and its tail had now become much longer.

I smirked. It was about time.

Even Sabrina couldn't have seen this coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Whooooo another chapter. I'm gonna try and grind this to hopefully finish it by July. We'll have to see though. I can't believe it's almost been a year since I first started writing damn. Anyways, 1050 words, cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.