Larvitar's First Battle

Ash POV

Gible looked like he was about to pass out right now. I had to return him so he could rest. I might need him again and it would be a waste to let him just faint during this next battle.

"Gible, return" I said and pulled out Gible's Pokeball, returning him.

'Rest up, I might need you again' I said in my head.

Gible responded with a 'yes' and I started hearing snoring inside my head.

I shook it off and looked at Surge.

"Lieutenant Surge, please let out your next Pokemon" the referee said waiting.

"Alright, come out Manectric!" the dumbass called out.

While a normal Manectric would be a very challenging fight for me with the Pokemon I have currently, I knew that this Manectric could not have been very high level. I made that stupid mistake of letting Surge evolve his Pokemon last round, something which I am never going to do again.

"Hurry up kid, I have other challengers, too."

I decided my best bet for now was going to be Charmander.

"Charmander, I choose you!"

I threw the Pokeball, and when it opened, Charmander burst forth in flames.

"What the flying fuc-"

"Ahem, please be kid friendly in the gym" the ref said looking at me.

I rolled my eyes and focused back onto the battle.

"Begin!" the ref called.

"Alright Manectric, use Agility, then use Wild Charge!" Surge called out.

'What?! A Manectric shouldn't be able to use that move until its a pretty high level.' I thought.

Luckily for me, Charmander took the initiative and managed to dodge the attack. He shot back with an Ember, which hit Manectric on it's side. Manectric managed to shake off the attack but it cringed with pain.

It got burned!

'Keep your head in the game' Charmander said to me 'I'm not going out without a fight. It doesn't matter how high level that Pokemon is. It'll feel the fire.'

Charmander was right, I had to make sure that I was giving Charmander instructions, while Pokemon could fight on their own, they can make pretty dumb mistakes like using a string shot when the opponent is on 1 hp.

'Alright, use Dragon Breath to get close, then attack with Flamethrower' I ordered.

Charmander shot a Dragon Breath and started running toward Manectric, while the Dragon Breath wasn't very powerful, it had a chance to paralyze the opponent, which I was hoping for. Once Charmander got close enough, he switched to Flamethrower which threw Manectric back.

"Manectric, use Thunderbolt!"

Manectric shot at Charmander with a powerful Thunderbolt which overpowered the Flamethrower and shot Charmander back. He landed on his feet with smoke coming off his body.

'You'll pay for that' Charmander grunted.

'Don't be too eager, little chap. You can't take me on your own' Manectric responded.

Charmander smiled.

'You're right. I can't'

He then jumped back onto my side and took a second to catch his breath.

'Send somebody else out. I can't fight him when he's at perfect condition.' Charmander said breathlessly.

What? Was I speaking to Charmander? The Pokémon which would rather jump off a cliff than back down from a fight?

'Um, okay' I responded very confused.

Now I had no idea who to send out. Scyther was weak to Electric Types and Bulbasaur only had resistance to them. Larvitar was now my only choice, but it was inexperienced.

It doesn't matter, I have to try.

"Alright, Larvitar, I choose you!"

Larvitar came out of his Pokeball and immediately, and sandstorm began to form.

That's right! Larvitar's ability would come in handy, but it would affect Charmander, so if Larvitar faints, Gible's going to have to go in next.

'Use Rock Throw' I told Larvitar who hurled a rock at Manectric. Because of the sandstorm, Manectric wasn't able to see it coming and took the hit. It also took damage from the sandstorm and it's burn.

"Manectric! Are you alright?!" Surge yelled into the sandstorm.

His response was a roar from Manectric who was still trying to recover from the onslaught of damage.

"Use Agility again to run around and quickly explore the sandstorm. Use Quick Attack as well. Once you spot the little creature, use Bite."

Manectric used Agility and Quick Attack to quickly scout the area and find Larvitar, once he found he leaped on top of him and used Bite. He threw Larvitar out of the battlefield making it crash into the wall.

"Larvitar!" I yelled.

Once the smoke cleared, Larvitar was barely standing. It tried to walk over and but couldn't.

"Larvitar return!" I said and pulled out my Pokeball. I returned Larvitar and looked at Charmander who jumped back into the fray.

'Back for more huh' Manectric taunted.

Just then, it took more damage from the sandstorm and from its burn. Unfortunately, Charmander also took some damage from the sandstorm.

'Charmander, use Flamethrower, then use Smokescreen.' I ordered.

Charmander attacked using his Flamethower and hit Manectric in the side, and made Manectric fly a few feet. Then Charmander used Smokescreen which completely blocked all the vision for Manectric.

'Finish it off with Dragon Breath' I said.

Charmander shot him with a Dragon Breath and the damage from the attack as well as the continuous damage from its burn and the sandstorm proved too much. Manectric flew out of the smog and fell in front of Surge, fainted.

"Manectric is unable to battle, Charmander wins! Now Gym Leader Lieutenant Surge has 1 Pokemon left, Please send out your next Pokemon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: New chapter let's go. I'll try to update this as soon as possible. 900 words cyaaaaaaaaaaa.