intervention of Hades

The week went by really fast since I had a lot of studying to do as Friday was my mocks for my final exams. 5 more months of school and I would be done. So, as it had been a hard week I was entitled for some fun. Maria and I had been hanging out all week, She had sat on our table and I had warned everyone that I would not be pleased if they messed with her. They pretty much ignored her so I ignored them.

I invited Maria but she said her brother would go mental and would never let her go out to a night club. I told her she could sleep over if she ever felt like coming anyway. A few of the bearable girls and I, oh and not forgetting my “perfect” boyfriend, were all going clubbing. Chase was a nice guy in all fairness. He was sweet, the football captain of his team and well, hot I suppose. Basically, the conventional preppy hot guy. Which Is exactly why I didn’t love him.

Despite his good boy looks though, he was fairly demanding when it came to sex. I was a virgin and I refused to give up my virginity to someone I didn’t love. Which he didn’t like. He put the pressure but I brushed it off not bothering. If he wanted sex, then by all means dude, dump my ass and look for someone who’d give you some. But we all knew he would never do that. He’s mommy and daddy thought the world of me and would be seriously pissed if he broke up with me .

A few hours before we all met up I got a phone call from Maria. “Heya Ali!! Guess what?? I’m ready to defy the creature holding me under house arrest!!” she squealed.

I laughed. “I hope you don’t mean Antonio.” Her brother, as I have learned (which I’ve never met) wouldn’t let a fly near her.

“you know what, screw Tony. He gets to go out all the time. I’m freaking 19, and being two years older does not give him the right to tell me how to live my life.”

“oh god! What have I done? Have I unleashed some sort of demon?”

She giggled. “trust me this was an oncoming thing. I mean, it was bound to happen. What did he expect, huh? Me to stay home and watch soap operas, cooking food and cleaning? Ya, if I lived in the freaking renaissance!!! Though perhaps soap operas and renaissance don’t work to well…..”

“ok, ok. Maria. Clam down. I get  you’re frustrated. But, there’s a right way in gaining some freedom, Ok? So, no random hook ups, definitely no sex and we get wasted but not trashed ok? Im serious mari”

“urgh, you sound like my brother. Yes, and I wont forget to wear my chastity belt and make sure to put a can of pepper spray in my bag.” I could just imagine her rolling her eyes.

I laughed. “good. So, you want me to pick you up or what?”

“nah, I’ll get a ride from my cousin. He’s coming down this way anyway. So see ya in a bit.”

In less than half an hour Maria arrived and we started picking our dresses. She couldn’t get over the amount of clothes I had and was even shy to show me her dress. I had to sneak up on her to have a peak.

“How embarrassing. That’s the only decent thing I have to wear.” She showed me a pretty dress but that reached her ankles.

“it’s pretty Mari, but I think for tonight you might want something less formal. How about you borrow something of mine?”

She screeched. “omg, are you serious? Thank you so much Ali.” And she sprinted to my closet(no exaggeration there) studying my clothes with religious devotion until her eyes brightened and a huge grin spread across her face. “ahhhh. I have found the dress that will promote my freedom.” It was one of my Fendi dresses. Black with a one shoulder sleeve, with stones on the collar of the dress.