Welcome To Sudbury (Dual POV)

The Boston Brute Series: Pt. 12 (Welcome To Sudbury)

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Crude language. Chris's asshole father mentioned, parental abuse mentioned. There's a police officer in this fic, too lol. Idk if that's a trigger, but just to be safe. Lots of fluff and soft Chris. Please do not read this series if you are not a fan of asshole Chris or fics with a lot of angst. As always, let me know if I missed anything!

W/C: 9.3k

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All players and scenarios are made up completely. This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or with its players. Additionally, I talk about Chris's family in this fic. Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life.

 Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life

Chris POV

Chris's grip on the steering wheel tightened every time he drove past a mile marker, signaling you guys were one mile closer to Sudbury. His knuckles were way past the point of turning white and his fingers started to ache from the hold he had.

He'd kept the itinerary to himself for almost the entire drive, finally passing it over when you'd asked what the plans were and for some reason, he was more worried about your reaction to a meticulously planned out Christmas than facing his family.

His stomach turned when your eyes widened.

"There's an itinerary?" You asked, looking over at him with raised eyebrows. If he wasn't so fucking nervous about how this weekend was going to go, he might've given himself a second to appreciate just how much he loved the way your feelings were so easily displayed through your expressions.

Christmas had always been a big deal to Lisa and he'd mentioned it in passing a few times, but Chris failed to inform you just how seriously she took it. Itinerary and all.

Your eyes narrowed at Chris. "Did you wait until we got on the road to tell me so I wouldn't back out?"

His eyes flickered from you to the road nervously, trying to gauge your reaction. Busted. He should've known better. "No..." He lied, his voice unconvincing, even to himself.

"Christopher!" You scoffed, shaking your head. "I can't believe you."

He could tell by your tone that you were teasing and not actually upset with him, but he still felt bad. You told him you didn't celebrate Christmas and that this would be the first time you'd spent any sort of holiday around a family and here he was basically throwing you to the wolves.