Baby Steps Be Damned (🔥)

The Boston Brute Series: Pt. 9 (Baby Steps Be Damned) 

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Crude language. Chris is an asshole. Neglect from the previous part is joked about being Chris and reader. If you can't handle that, please do not read. SMUT (fingering, oral - fem receiving. 18+, please. Minors will be blocked.) This part actually has fluff, too! Please do not read this series if you are not a fan of asshole Chris or fics with a lot of angst. As always, let me know if I missed anything!

W/C: 6.6k

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All players and scenarios are made up completely. This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or with its players. Additionally, I talk about Chris's family in this fic. Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life.

Sitting on your designated stool in the corner, your leg bounced rapidly as the game played out in front of you

Sitting on your designated stool in the corner, your leg bounced rapidly as the game played out in front of you. It was the 3rd period, tied at 2 with the LA Kings.

You have loved hockey for a long time, but even when you were with Dean, the games still didn't feel this intense. It was so obvious that Chris loved what he did and his love for the game had you hooked. It also didn't hurt that he looked so damn good while he was doing it. The way that he moved on the ice was mesmerizing, especially because you knew what each of those muscles looked like when they were bare and flexed.

Luckily, no one had gotten injured or needed anything from you today, so you were able to focus on what was happening and it was getting close to going into overtime. There were only 7 minutes left in the game and of course, Chris picked a fight.

You cringed as the other player's fist swung towards Chris's face, a hard punch landing on his cheek before he started firing back. This was the one thing you hated. Obviously, they let the players fight for a reason, but it always seemed to be Chris throwing the punches and you hated it.

They hit the ground hard and the crowd rose to their feet, fists pounding against the plexiglass. Chris was pulled off of the other player, whatever they were yelling at each other was drowned out by the roar of the crowd as he was escorted quickly to one of the penalty boxes. He turned to sit on the bench and your rolled your eyes. His cheek was bleeding.