Chapter 1

I covered my ears as the spider monster screamed into the air, I held Max close to me as we saw Billy standing up to the monster. His arms spread wide as if protecting El, facing the monster- that made it mad. The monster opened its mouth, displaying rows of crooked teeth. A long slim covered tentacle coming out of it at the end of the long limb were another row of teeth. It slowly moved towards Billy- as if it was studying him before lunging forward. Billy stopped it with both of his hands- the monster growled as Billy screamed. My eyes widened as if in slow motion I saw more slim covered tentacles came out of the spider monster's body. Before I knew it I looked over to Jonathan- who was standing next to Nancy, our eyes met and I glanced towards El, he followed my eyes and looked back at me before nodding. Agreeing to the spoken plan.

I quickly move around Max and past Mike as Jonathan and I run towards El and Billy.

"(Y/n)!!" Max and Mike shouted. "Jonathan!!" Nancy shouts as she tries to reach for him but her hands barely touch him. Jonathan grabs Eleven and carries her away as I pull Billy back from getting implied by the tentacles. However, I didn't move fast enough and one of the tentacles sliced Billy's lower stomach and another one got to my left side. "AH!" We screamed in pain as we hit the ground of the Starcourt Mall. I held my side as Billy held his stomach- I pulled my hand away and I saw blood covering my enter palm. "(Y/n)!" Steve and Robin shouted from the second floor. The monster screams and tries impaling Billy and I as we crawl backwards away from the monster. It barely misses us by a hair but lucky it continues to miss- until my back hits one of the fake plant displays. It lands a hit on my left upper thigh.

"AAHHH!!" I screamed out- Billy quickly runs to me and rips the thing off my leg. I grabbed my thigh with both hands and screamed behind clenched teeth. The monster roars as Billy ripped it's limb off- it began thrashing around. Breaking the lights, cracking the tiled floors and almost destroying the second floor were Steve and Robin were hiding. "Billy!" I heard Max scream, I look over to Billy and see him holding the monster at bay again, by stopping the tentacle with both his hands. "No!" I shouted but stopped when Billy shouted at me.

"Stay back!" The monster was raising its tentacles at Billy again. My eyes filled with tears as images of Billy and my friendship flashed before my eyes.

The first day Billy and Max moved into Hawkins- I saw Billy dropping off Max. I didn't think anything of him then- just another face in school. Then we had english together and gym and math- soon enough I heard he was sleeping around with every girl he could get in Hawkins high. It wasn't long until he tried to hit on me- but I quickly turned him down. He didn't stop- in fact he continued until one day he showed up to school with a slightly swollen cheek. He didn't talk to anyone that day- not even the many girls trying to get his attention.

I pulled him away from the crowd and to the parking lot. There I told him that I was always here to talk. "Are you trying to get in my pants or what?" Billy asked as he lit a cigarette. I rolled my eyes. "In your dreams Hargrove." I crossed my arms and leaned back on his camaro- surprisingly he didn't mind. Or he did but chose not to say anything. "I know the signs of abuse... I'll be here if you need an escape. We could hangout-" I suggested. Billy huffed and puffed out a few clouds of smoke. "What? Like friends?"

"Yeah, like friends."

"Billy!!!" Max and I shouted- but before the spider monster could land a killing blow on my friend, it began to step back and away from us. I stood up- hissing when a pain shot up my leg from the injury. Billy let go of the slimy limb and held his stomach with one hand and looped his other arm around my waist- holding me up. Max ran towards us and Billy pulled her close- she sobbed at the sight of her brother injured. The monster screamed in pain for a few minutes before falling to the ground. Dead.

Everything went quiet and the only sound was the crackle of the fire around us and pieces of the building falling.

Billy and I laid on hospital beds- the beeping of the machines that were hooked up to us was playing in the background. Max and El were with us. The girls lay in my bed, one on either of my side sleeping soundly. Billy glanced over at us- his eyes focused on Max, who was holding his hand they're laced hands hanging between both our beds. I smiled and caught his eyes- he rolled his eyes at me and flipped me off with his free hand. During our two week stay at the hospital Billys' dad had come by- in tears no less. He and Billy had a heart to heart- will, Billy told his dad to fuck off. In short, Billy's dad left the small family but luckily he wasn't too heartless and left them the house. Max and Billy's relationship grew- sure they still insulted each other but this time around it was filled with amusement then annoyance.

We helped the Byers pack their belongings the following month- since Hopper wasn't with us anymore, Ms. Byers was going to take her in. She thought her and her family would be better off somewhere away from Hawkins. So they would move to California, Billy handed Steve the last box and wiped his hands clean from the dust. I walked up to him after helping El pack her things- giving her a few new clothes and keepsakes. "So when should I help you pack?" I asked Billy, he looked over to me and I could feel Max looking at us when I mentioned him moving. "What are you on about?" He asked as he pulled a cigarette from his jean jacket pocket. "Come on, you expect me to believe you're not moving back to California?" I smiled sadly. The thought of my best friend moving away hurts, but if it's what would make him happy then why should I stop him.

"And what leave you and Max here with the losers?" Billy said, glancing at the boys hugging Will and Jonathan goodbye. "... Cali ain't going anywhere." Billy said. I looked back at him and pulled him into a side hug- but winced when his hand squeezed my injured side. "Shit. I'm sorry, I forgot you got hurt there." Billy said- as he stomped out his cigarette and pulled up my shirt. I narrowed my eyes at him, but I let him check- he would bitch if I didn't. "That's gonna leave a nasty scar." He chuckled as he put my shirt back down. I rolled my eyes and poked his belly- causing him to wince and glare at me. "Could say the same for you." El smiled as she walked over to us, I smiled back and pulled her into a hug.

"I'll miss ya, kiddo. Stay safe in Cali- it's full of crazies." I joked as I gestured to Billy behind me. I could hear him roll his eyes at my insult. "I'll miss you too." El whispered, I patted her short hair and kissed her forehead before hugging her one last time. She walks back to the U-haul and we all wave them goodbye.