18: Talk

STEVAN'S POV

I tucked the blanket under my sons while caressing their heads to sleep as Joy told me.

"You've been through a lot of things because of me, how could you still stand and stay by my side?" I ask her slowly turning my head to see her standing near the door. She bowed her head.

"Joy?" I stood from the bed and approach her but only to be stopped when I saw her arms are shaking.

Did I make her cry again?

"Hey" I say and tugged her towards me soothingly hugging her but I can't fully hug her since her hands are on my chest, stopping me.

"I will just look for Mom" She said stepping away from me but I quickly hold her still and wipes her tears.

"I'm sorry" I said bowing my head as I spoke those sincerest words I could ever speak.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done to you" I said slowly looking into her eyes.

"I'm sorry wife" I said and slowly kissed her forehead.

"You're the best wife I could dream and could have" I say completely hugging her now as her hands fall to her sides.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise" I said stepping away from her and cupping her cheek, but her next words caught me off guard.

"It's too late. We're already done Stevan"
.
.
.
.
.

JOY'S POV

I willed every strength I have to push him away from me and turn my way out to the door.

Yes, Stevan is my first love and my husband. But, for everything we've been through, I've been through. I couldn't sense and see myself being with him again.

I do love him but that was before. The pain and the wound he gave to me can't be healed by his sweet talks and sincere words. He might have interior motives and the last thing I wanted to happen between us is being together. I'm still in pain because of the things he has done to me, that's why I can't let him closer to me for now, especially with my kids. I won't let him hurt me again, especially my children.

And just like I said to Besty a week after I leave Stevan.

I'm not tired of him but...I give up on him.

I give up and I don't have th guts to be with him, again.

"Joy?" I immediately lifted my head as I hear Mom's voice.

"Mom" I approach her and hug her tightly and finally letting the pain I've been through.

"Mom, I don't love him anymore" I said as I hear her sighing.

"Just give it a shot one last time, please? I promise you if ever he will mess up this time, I'll be the one to separate the two you" I nodded at her words.

"I don't love him anymore but I'm still willing to do our plans" She nodded and caress my back.

We just stayed in that position before I hear approaching footsteps followed by Stevan's voice.

"Mom, can I talk to Joy for a minute?" He asked but I didn't turn to face him , instead I tighten my hold to Mom.

"For a minute, Son"