Chapter 4: Astronaught [2]

The wiring finishes rather smoothly. Lastly, the oxygen tank.

It will be tricky to fix it, since you have to haul a full tank from the water pool up to the rocket. You thank the oxygen extraction technology of large oxygen tanks. If it weren't for their mechanics, you probably would've been stranded on this darn planet for eternity.

The mere thoughts of having to live in a dusty, musty cavern for oxygen and eating powdery mushrooms makes you shudder. Not to mention the Questers and their large singular eye, which stares at you from the darkness whenever you walk by them.

NOMIA follows you down to the water pool. Last time you were here, you were impatient with the robot, demanding answers to how you landed here. This time, you simply wish to put such questions aside.

> fill the tank with oxygen.

You watch the adapter on the tank work its magic as the pressure gauge slowly rises away from the red region. NOMIA sits on your hand in silence, enjoying the still darkness with you.

It's at times like these, where you begin to feel yourself melt into your surroundings.

Back at your home planet, you couldn't catch a break. From day one of your post secondary education to your first day on the space exploration team, you haven't had a time to think. There was either an assignment due in an hour, or a training scheduled up until the early mornings of the next day.

> You take a deep breath, holding onto your thoughts. [3]

> Check the tank. [4]