Chapter 1: Vali Team...and Ed, Assemble!

A/N: Just a little note about the order of things:

"Text." denotes dialogs in the present.

"Text." denotes dialogs in the past.

'Text.' denotes thoughts in the present.

'Text.' denotes thoughts in the past.

That will be all. Now, please enjoy the story.

-0-

"I have returned!" 

As soon as the electronic lock of the door opened, the ever-lively voice of Ed, though slightly muffled, comes forth like an unbraked train, smashing through anybody's bad day with an engine fueled by spirit and youth! The light from the well-lit corridor outside entered the darkened apartment as he fumbled around for the lamp switch, limping all the while.

Once he turned on the light, however...he was greeted with the most pleasant of surprises. "Ah, will you look at this! The gang is all here!" And that surprise, is none other than the sight of his comrades-in-arms and friends all gathered in the same living space. While it's nothing that should be surprising, given that this is their shared hideout for their tenure in Kuoh Town, he still finds it so nonetheless.

Since aside from a select few, they never really gave him that much time of the day.

"Hmph. Took you long enough." Comes the voice of the first figure, lounging on the sofa.

"My deepest apologies, Vali! Circumstances arise, and I was forced to take liberties with the time limit for this simple scouting mission!" Said Ed as he bowed before the White Dragon Emperor, to show that he is nothing but regretful of taking so ...

"My deepest apologies, Vali! Circumstances arise, and I was forced to take liberties with the time limit for this simple scouting mission!" Said Ed as he bowed before the White Dragon Emperor, to show that he is nothing but regretful of taking so much time. He would have likely began to shed passionate tears as well, if not for Vali looking away and raising a hand, wordlessly commanding Ed to spare him the waterworks.

Standing back up to his full height, Ed turns left and immediately finds himself face-to-face with a pair of massive, squeeze-worthy...cat ears! "Welcome back, nya~!" Before he knew it, the resident Nekoshou had already had her arms draped around his shoulders. Due to their difference in height, her cleavage was on full display for him the moment he looked down.

 Due to their difference in height, her cleavage was on full display for him the moment he looked down