Chapter 03:- (Son of a billionaire)

Manik's pov

It's been a week since dad was admitted into the hospital. Today he will get discharged but the doctor strictly advised for a complete bed rest. In those days I couldn't meet Nandini. I am sure she must be mad at me. Guess what? I will have a great time to pacify her. I was sitting on a stool beside dad and thinking about her when dad held my hand and said,

"So how's she?"

"Whom are you talking about? The nurse?"

"Oh please don't try to act smart in front of me. Cabir has already informed me about your little love story."

Damn that flunkey of my dad will never change. Come on, it's my private matter and I don't want to discuss it with my dad who will definitely be a villain of my love story just like some bollywood movies. I was thinking how to convince my dad when he again said,

"Don't worry I won't be a Sakti Kapoor in your love story but it seems like this time the hero has to work really hard to pacify his heroine."

"Really dad? You don't have any objections with it?"

"Well I had some objections at first but when Cabir informed me everything she did for you I was stunned. She is a pure soul Manik. Don't let her go from your life. Trust me you won't get any better girl than her. She is precious."

Oh my god. Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me please. My happiness was overflowing and I didn't know how to express it.

"Thank you dad. Thank you so much."

"Manik, I didn't want to bother you but since the doctor advised me to get a complete bed rest you have to look after my work. You have to sit on the CEO's chair and run our company."

"But dad, how can I? I mean I need more time to understand everything."

"I am sorry, Manik. But we don't have any other options. If our investors get to know that I am not handling our projects, they will freak out. They can demand their money back too. Please try to understand."

"How will handle all those projects alone?"

"I am here to guide you. You just need to follow my instructions and trust your employees, that's it."

"Okay."

I was feeling sad. First of all I don't know how to pacify Nandini, secondly dad put company's responsibility on my head. I hate being rich and I hate my life. I was cursing my life when dad said,

"If you are thinking about your love story then don't worry I will appoint her as your personal assistant, what's say?"

"How will you appoint her as my personal assistant when I am 100% sure that she will resign from this company?"

I knew her very well. Self-respect comes first for her and she will never accept any favors from me.

"Are you this dumb or trying to act dumb?"

"Dad, please don't talk in riddles and tell me exactly what you want to say."

"I mean to say that she had signed a contract for three years service in our company. Idiot, didn't you read your contact paper before signing it?"

"Oh I am sorry, I really didn't read it."

"You are totally hopeless. I don't know how you will survive in this cruel world when I don't be alive."

"Dad, please don't say that. I don't have anyone in my life except you."

I hugged him tightly. Maybe he is a strict father but he is my only family. After mom's death he never got married thinking about me. I know he loves me a lot and I love him too. Dad hugged me back and said,