Chapter two

Alfred woke up the next morning tired as fuck. It was hard living in such a noisy city, cars couldn't seem to stop coming and honking, there was honestly no point in driving. You weren't going to get there in time anyways. Alfred got up out of bed stretching out his arms and torso, he spent most of his night researching this Arthur guy, it turned out he was everything Beilschmidt said, and worse. He also stayed up with the thought of Francis in his head, who the fuck was he? He could swear he remembered him from somewhere.

After throwing on his work clothes he went into his kitchen grabbing and bagel and heading out of the door, he was just going to head to the department and talk to Beilschmidt, maybe even talk to Francis. I mean, he wasn't bad looking and he had to look into his gut feeling. He decided to walk okay since the traffic was horrid and he wasn't that far away from the department. he walked down the sidewalks, around the corner and across the street making his way to the department just in time.

He stepped through the doors and started to head toward the commissioner, he needed to know when he was going to start this undercover shit so he could get it over with and look up Francis. Before Alfred opened the door he felt a hand land on his causing him to jump and pull it back. He was so lost in his thoughts he didn't notice Francis was behind him.

"A bit jumpy today are we?" Francis asked with a slight chuckle, Alfred blushed turning his head away.

"I was just thinking and you came out of nowhere..." Alfred mumbled crossing his arms as he turned his head back to make eye contact with Francis. Francis had a smirk on his face that seemed to go perfect with the mischievous look in his eyes causing Alfred's knees to go weak. He leaned against the wall casually so he didn't fa and look like a dumbass.

"Yeah yeah. So what are you doing back at the commissioner's office? He give you a case on your first day here?" Francis asked noticing how flustered and awkward was being causing his smirk to grow even wider.

Alfred remembered he wasn't allowed to tell anyone about Arthur considering it was such a high case. I mean why couldn't he tell Francis? I mean he seemed like such an elite officer even for NYPD. "Actually.. Uh, he just wanted to talk to me about the routines
" Alfred said trying to come up with an excuse from the top of his head.

Francis bit his lip leaning in a bit closer to Alfred letting his hand lean against the wall beside Alfred's head so they were closer, "I wouldn't mind teaching you routines... Maybe I'd have to ask Ludwig if he'd let me" Francis said with a wink before leaning back and taking a deep breath. "Go ahead, but come to me when you're done I'll help you with the basics here" Francis said walking away with his hands in his pockets leaving Alfred a dark red and speechless. 'Holy shit' Alfred thought as he finally snapped out of his trance.

After his little chat with Francis he stepped into Beilschmidt's office red and out of focus. "Alfred are you okay? You're red are you sick?" Beilschmidt asked motioning for the man to sit down. Alfred's eyes slightly widened as he shook his head

"I um.. Sorry I was just thinking" Alfred said as he sat down in front of Beilschmidt.

"Okay then, well you're going to apply for the job under Arthur. You'll be his personal assistant tending to anything he needs but getting information on his meetings and schedule. We need to get evidence on him before he starts killing more." Beilschmidt said as Alfred nodded in agreement. "I already scheduled your meeting, your name is now John smith a 20 year old who's biggest dream is to work in a company as big as Kirkland enterprises" Beilschmidt said Alfred finally learning what he was supposed to do.

"Okay tell me when and where and I'll be there" Alfred said looking at the clock. He'd just want to get this over with so he could go and talk to Francis. I mean for research purposes of course.