Blood Tablets

Kyoudai's POV:

After about 5 minutes of making out I pulled away from Zero. As I was gasping for air, Zero's lips moved to neck where he immediately bit me again. I closed my eyes and licked my lips in anticipation for my turn. Zero pulled back and I felt him lick the blood from where it leaked from the wounds.

He pulled away and faced me. I watched as blood dripped from his lip and landed on my cheek. We stared at each other for a few seconds as we tried to calm down.

Why don't you just give in to the animal within you? It will give you peace...The voice whispered in my head as it faded away. I ignored it and sighed, will I ever become sane again?

"What's wrong?" I breathed and I knew he knew what I was talking about.

"I...Everynight I become unstable, like I did tonight. It's almost like....I almost become a Level E again. That's why I'm at a level they call Level D. I'm on the verge of becoming a Level E, unless I take these." He held up a thin black box filled with white pills.

"What're those?" I asked.

"Blood Tablets, a suplementary for blood the Night Class invented. If I take a handful it will help my body calm down. But, I made the mistake of not taking them tonight." Zero replied then he poured them into his mouth. One missed his mouth and landed beside my hand. I picked it up and looked at it deliberately. It had BL-XXXV063 enscribed on it.

"I wonder if I can take one?" I asked. Zero quickly snatched it out of my hand.

"I wouldn't try, your circumstances are the same as mine. I couldn't take them before so I bet you won't be able to either." He explained. Then he lyed back down under the sheets and pulled me on top of his chest. "Goodnight." And he closed his eyes.

I closed mine too and sighed. "Goodnight."

A few minutes later I was about to doze off when the door opened, letting in light from the hallway. I expected Hakumei to walk in but, instead saw a small figure.

"Umm, I can't sleep. Can I sleep with you Kyou-Chan?" Meika whispered. I smiled and looked at Zero, who was sound asleep.

"Of course, I forgot that Hakumei snores.." I replied and quickly shifted off of Zero's chest without waking him. Meika walked up shyly and sat down. I rolled my eyes and pulled her over to lay beside me.

She stared at me for a second. "You're a Vampire Hunter right? Then, why are you being so kind to me?"

I laughed quietly. "You caught me, I'm also a vampire. I'm soon to fall to Level E, like you."

Her eyes widened. "Oh, no wonder you smell of Zero's blood."

I gasped and my cheeks turned red. "Um, that was nothing.." I mumbled. Meika laughed and smiled.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." She whispered.