Fearful of the Darkness

Kyoudai's POV:

"Ugh, I've never been so annoyed by teenage girls in my life! Can't they understand that the night class isn't coming out tonight?!?" I screeched in my new room, while Zero came in behind me. The night class had clearly stated that they were taking tonight off for rest. But, the girls still waited outside of the gates as usual and it took Zero and I hours to round them up.

I turned around and faced Zero. "You didn't have to follow me here, I can walk myself home."

He shrugged. "I just wanted to make sure you were settled." I quickly held up a finger and slipped into the bathroom then, put on my p.js. I walked out of the bathroom and layed down on my bed and pulled myself under the covers, ready for the usual sleepless night.

Zero turned around and opened the door, his hand on the light switch. "Well, goodnight then." And with that he turned off the light and a shiver ran down my spine. Then, the door closed.

My chest started shaking violently. Sadly, the truth was, I was afraid of the dark. I've been afraid since that day a year ago.

I couldn't help it, I launched myself out of the bed and threw the door open. I ran down the hall and caught Zero by his sleeve. Then, I started sobbing and fell to the ground on my knees.

"Kyou?" He asked worried and he got down on his knees with me.

"I-I-I'm afraid of-f-f the dark! Ever since t-that woman.." I threw myself at him and sobbed on his shoulder. Suddenly he hugged me tighter to his chest then, he lifted me up and walked silently to my room while I tried to control my breathing.

Then, he layed me down on the bed and layed beside me.

"It's okay, I'm here." He said and I scooted closer and layed my head on his chest.

He laughed. "Who would've known you would have a soft spot." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"I know, I'm so weak on the inside. I've never had the guts to tell anyone, not even my parents. I would stay lying down, my eyes wide open, scared that the woman would come to torture me some more." I whispered.

"Do you have any idea who she is?" He asked.

"Not really, though she wasn't very old. She sounded maybe 17 or 18. But, I couldn't see her face it was too dark." I replied. "It doesn't matter though, I'm not looking for revenge. I don't wanna ever see her again." 

Zero shrugged. "That only leaves two purebloods, and one of them happens to be at this school."

"Who?" I asked anxiously.

"Yuki Kuran."