Twists

I was peacefully cooking lunch while dancing around when I heard the door slam shut and my fiancé entered with a huff. I don't even think she noticed me when she passed by the kitchen and needed a double check when she got a whiff of what I'm cooking.

Her looks soften and she looked at me with a frown. She slowly made her way to me with her shoulders slumped by her sides and just rested her head on my chest. I grew worried as she's been like this for a couple of days now.

"Tough day at work?" I asked before kissing her head. She just nodded and sighed. "Hold on, I'll just wash my hands. I probably smell like onions and peppers." I said as I turned around. She remained in her position with her head now rested on my back. She wrapped her arms around my waist as I was putting soap on my hands. Just then I felt a wet patch on my back.

I hurried and lifted her head to face me only to discover that there's a steady stream of tears running down her face.

"Hey what's wrong?" I asked, more worried than ever. She just shook her head and buried her face again on my chest with her arms tightly wrapped around me. My chest tightened at the sight. She's an actress, she's paid to cry, I've seen her cry countless times and it broke me every time. Seeing her so raw and vulnerable right now, without a camera, not in a scene, no lines memorized before hand. I just want to fall apart with her. I want to just hug her and take all her worries away, tuck her somewhere so this cruel world won't mess with her ever again.

I briefly forgot about me cooking before she arrived so I signalled her to jump which she obliged and wrapped her legs around my waist. I took care of the remaining cooking steps while she's closely attached to me, and after awhile, left it to let it simmer.

I brought her to our living room couch and let her burry herself into me more. I let her be upset in peace as we sat there relishing in each other's warmth, me rubbing her back to soothe her, and her crying into my neck. "I know you know I'm always here. For you both, most importantly. You don't have to tell me everything or anything at all. I'll wait 'till you're ready, and know that you'll never have to carry anything alone anymore. But I do want to know what made you upset, so I hope you'll feel safe enough to share soon 'cause I hate seeing you this way. Please allow me to understand you." I said and she hugged me tighter in response. "I love you." She whispered against my ear and pulled away to look at me.

Her eyes turned glassy as soon as our eyes met and now I'm really thinking if her problem has something to do with me. "I'm sorry." She said as tears started to pour from her eyes again.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. Please tell me what's wrong?" I coax and dried her tears.

"It's Colin." She said, and that name alone was enough to make my blood boil. What did he do now?

He was Scarlett's ex-husband, who thinks I had something to do with their break up. Whereas I met Scarlett a week after the said event. A year later and we're engaged but he made the journey impossibly hard. He was constantly trying to sabotage our moments, tipping paparazzis as to where I lived, to the point where he started stalking us as well and broke into our home. Scarlett refused to make a big deal out of it to avoid drama and with her in the industry, it could be messy. I respected her wishes and did my own precautions to protect them and filed a restraining order. But it doesn't seem like that stopped him.

"What did he do this time?" I asked with a noticeable anger in my voice. "Please calm down first." She said and kissed my lips three times. I pressed one on her forehead and sighed. "What did he do?" I asked more calmly.

"He's been tipping a bunch of fake information to the tabloids. He sent fake photos of you uhm, without anything. My team and mail is receiving nothing but threa-" I quickly cut her off. "You've been receiving death threats?!" I felt my blood boiling once again and all I want now is to rip him in shreds. She slowly nods her head, "and he's threatening you and Rose too." She said quietly and her shoulders started shaking as a new wave of overwhelming sadness and fright consumed her.  I quickly wrapped my arms around her and give her comfort the best I could.