The Outset 🧅

February 28, 2022

"hey, hey wait up!" Scarlett yelled while trying to catch up with my speed walking.
"Yeah?" I said, stopping for her.

"You seem in a hurry. Do you have plans? I was wondering if you could come over tonight." She said.
"Oh I'm just in a rush to be home, and no plans. I was actually thinking about coming over, but since you asked then I definitely will."

"Same time?" She asked, I smiled and nodded. We bid our goodbyes for the meantime and i hurried home to prepare for tonight while she stayed at the Headquarters.

====================================

Scarlett and I have been friends for 3 years now. I've worked as her assistant for The Outset and helped her overlook the entire thing. We grew closer as the years go, as we literally see each other most of the time whether it be through zoom calls or meet-ups.

It was a great friendship. Until it wasn't just that.

Drowning myself in work and avoiding her as much as possible didn't help my growing feelings. If anything, it only make it grow more. I craved her presence, miss her laugh, and longed for her hugs. There was no going back. I was already in love with Scarlett Johansson. But then, who wouldn't? Who wouldn't fall when she's...well, her.

It's wrong. It's very wrong. She's happily married with 2 kids, for Christ's sake.

This is why I am intending to meet her at the first place. I gotta see her before I do this. For the last time.
______________________________________________________________________________________

It was now 9pm and I'm currently pacing at her door, debating if I should even be here at the first place.

She invited me right? I should calm the fuck down. I shouldn't be nervous in the first place. I should be sad that this may potentially be the last time that I see her. Right. Right.

A few moments later, I finally got myself together enough to ring her door bell, and almost immediately, she opened the door as if she was waiting for my arrival the whole night.

"Hey, you took your time." She teased me for being later than usual.
"Good evening to you too. May I come in?" I grinned hoping I was subtle enough from preventing her from asking questions.
"Why, yes you may." She jokingly bowed and made way for me to come in.

"So why'd you invite me?" I ask. "What? you were the one who wanted to come over." She asked acting confused, and I rolled my eyes at her.
"Right... I'll tell if you tell." I smirked.
"Fine." She huffed.

"We haven't got the chance to hang out like the usual, and I really miss just having you around and talking and chilling or whatever. And, well Rose misses you too and always requests for a playtime with you and I'm kind of running out of excuses to tell her. I know you've been busy, that's probably why, but I'm also wondering if I did something 'cause it seems like I did and you're avoiding me, I don't know why or what but did I do something? Are you avoiding me?" I gently held her shoulders to stop her from rambling, though I found it cute, it also broke my heart that she thought she did something. Then again, I couldn't blame her, I quite literally took off without a word.

It made me feel guilty as I was wrapped up about my own feelings that I neglected to consider hers.

"No Scar, you haven't done anything, I promise. I'm sorry that I made you feel that way." I realized I was now cupping her face, so I let go and stuffed my hands in my pockets instead. Pull yourself together damn it.

"I was just dealing with... Stuff." She nodded but still doesn't seem satisfied.
"Anyway, I wanted to come over to give you this and to Rose too But I guess she's already asleep so you'll have to give this to her tomorrow." I say handing her 2 boxes.