15. Joey - Suspension [Part Five]

The Youtube video doesn't really link with the chapter, but it's to celebrate me seeing Scouting For Girls on monday night! Whoop <3 

I Wish I Was James Bond-- just for the day... <3 :'D Epic cheese <3

---------------

Chapter Fifteen

Suspension Part Five

Joey -

‘We’ve finished, pretty much,’ Freddie was saying as I took my seat. Miss White looked surprised and they began to talk about the work that we’d done.

Just as I relaxed into my chair, I heard a voice that made my skin crawl and my smile disappear; ‘Joey…’

I turned to see Sherry and her partner in the desk beside me. I felt very sorry for him. His name was Andrew something, and he was a straight A albino guy who was afraid of contact and socialising in general. He happened to be in between me and Sherry. She was practically leaning over him, oblivious to his frightened expression as he recoiled.

I eyes the ginger girl distastefully.

So,’ she grinned, stretching out the ‘o’ about 20 times longer than necessary. ‘Liking the fifteen minutes of fame?’

‘What made you such a bitter bitch?’

Albino flinched at that. I looked at him briefly, in awe of his strangely beautifully creepy eyes and porcelain skin.

‘Maybe it’s the very bastard you’ve befriended,’ she spat, eyes narrowed to angry slits.

‘Really? I got the impression that you were the reason for misery in most people’s lives. Don’t know where I got that from,’ I said innocently.

Her scowl brought a smile to my face.

‘You don’t understand what you’ve gotten yourself into, Joey,’ her expression was suddenly sincerer. ‘You’re in some serious shit with Freddie; you don’t know anything about him. If you back away it’ll be better for you. And… I like you.’

I was speechless. She looked like she meant it. But how was I supposed to know?!

‘Joey?’

I looked up to the front of the room. Freddie was beckoning me over as he stood by Miss. I glanced at Sherry finally, before standing up and readjusting my bag as I made my way to where Freddie was stood.

‘Yeah?’

‘Seeing as you and Freddie only really have one section left to do, I have a favour to ask,’ Miss White said when I’d reached them. ‘Do you mind missing this lesson to do something else? You can finish another time.’

Both of them were watching me as I shrugged. ‘What do we have to do?’ I asked.

‘Well, the year below were going to have someone in to speak about the world of work, but they couldn’t make it so we’ve got your year pairing up with students and telling them about your experience last year! They were short on two year elevens from the other form so I was going to pull two people anyway… But you guys are practically done!’ Miss was blue in the face as she grinned. ‘What do you say?’

‘I’m up for it, I guess,’ I said, and Freddie agreed.

-

When we got to the classroom, there was a whole group of year elevens waiting by the door- the other form in our year. On seeing us, two of them headed straight towards Freddie. One of them was a pretty brunette girl while the other was the black-haired guy who’d been with Sherry in the lunch line when I found out about Freddie’s dad’s cancer.