Surviving the V's

Prefrence

I was just like any other kid.I didn't believe in the boogieman. Then the world woke up to a nightmare.

Chapter 1

"c'mon Terra! Faster!" Dimitri yelled. I swang my training stick towrds Michael's head. He ducked, and sent a blow with his to my lower ribs.

"Ahh!" I cried. He always did that. And I always fell to the side, not being able to take a hit.

I felt a cold hand on my neck. It was strong-so strong that it lifted me up to eye level with its owner,The General. The pain came. A sharp, burning pain in the back of my neck as his fingernail dug deep into my skin. He picked me up like I was a dog I thought. Sure as hell didn't treat me like a poodle. More like that no good mutt who who didnt belong anywhere and was close to dyeing every day. An outcast, a freak. Just like me.

"What do you think your doing? If that was real, you would be dead. Then you would comeback." The General spit in my face. The pain was becoming odd. Hot and numb. Then he dropped me, making me land on a sharp plant, cutting my knee. That was the least of my problems.

I was on my hands and knees, tring to find the strength to get up, to show them how tough I was. But I couldn't. I was just the runt of the pack. The one who the others didn't care if I died alone in a hell-hole.

"Shameful." I heard Dimitri mutter as he walk passed me. He turned by a giant rock in the middle of the darkening forest.

I pulled myself off the ground. Checked my watch.6:45

"Crap." I murmured to myself. It was already 6:45. I thought. The sun had started to set about 30 minutes ago. When it got dark,They came out. Vampires.

I distinctively put my hand inside my right black biker boot and pulled out my knife. It was my gutting knife that I'd use to go hunting with my drunk step father.It was good for multipurpose and had a 10 inch blade. Just good enough to kill a vampire with a couple cuts.

I looked up towrds the sky. It was a dark red with clouds covering the small space just below the burning sun. It reminded me of my of when I had my first encounter with vampires.

It was a couple months ago, back before any of the strange attacks were reported on the news. I was riding home with my mother and her new boyfriend named Chuck from a basketball game. We were driving down the road near a small town called Moskee. I remember the feeling of the car as it suddentley jerked right, off the road. Chuck cured and turned back on the lonely road, oblivious to the dark shadowy figure standing on the side of it.

Then there was that sound of a car crashing in to a brick wall. Destroyed metal. Then the high pitched scream of the brakes, and the sound of a door being riped off.

The shadowy figure turned out to be a man. He grabbed my mother first, bitting into her neck before Chuck even managed to open the door. She screamed. And for once in my life I actually cared for her. But before he got out, she was already on the ground screaming in pain and agony.

Then Chuck got out, taking with him his revolver, which he always kept loaded. The man was too fast, and he crashed Chuck into the front of the car. He fired a couple shots, shooting the deranged , murderer in the head twice. Then he met the same fate as my mother. The murder cried out in pain and fell to the ground dead.

I opened the car door and ran to my mom. Checked her pulse. Dead. Then I walked numbly over to Chuck.Dead too. I grabbed the revolver off the ground, then walked to the passenger's side, avoiding my dead mother. How could this happen? Why did this happen? I shoved my thoughts aside and jumped in the car. There must be a phone in here. I opened the glove box only to find papers. Then as I reached for my mom's purse, I heard a muffled sound.