Chapter five - Emily

My name isn't even Emily but by now that's just a white lie. I may look like your average year ten student, maybe even better. I've been told I have nice cheekbones, just as many times I have been told to smile for the camera. I hate lying, especially to my best friend Lucy, yet I just can't  bring my self to start telling the truth. I am going to have to leave here again soon, my cover has been ruined again. By the girl with bunches and a Primark bag in town.

My agent was furious, but I'm used to that by now. Abigail is never happy with me. I went off the rails after mum's death anyway. So a small isolated town, in the middle of nowhere seemed the perfect medicine. My mum chose the name Elizabeth, however, I think that now I prefer the name, Emily. It reminds me of happier times. I strum at my guitar, Carelessly and angrily. I am angry. Angry that my agent thinks that it's acceptable to move me around like a piece of portable luggage, Though I think that she wants me to go back to my old life soon. It has been two whole years anyway. 

I'm also angry that the bookstore is going to be sold. Taken away from Lucy. I just want to go up to her and tell her everything. Give her money from my savings account. I know what that place means to her.  I suppose being angry, is a lot better than being sad.  I walk down stairs to find Abigail conversing easily with dad, her voice is sharp like a knife and her eyes cold like ice. Her long hair is scraped into a ponytail and she wears her pride in her suit with its badges layering it, screaming that she is professional. " Elizabeth." she greets me. dad looks up too, with a smile. " Goodmorning Lizzie." he addresses me. I have so many names, even I am getting very confused. 

I know when my agent or manager appears it means that we are leaving and soon .........