Chapter three- Lucy

" Emily" I call, only realising I was shouting when the words had escaped my lips. She was waiting for me in the shade with a half smile on her lips. " Where were you at lunch, Emily? " I inquire and Emily's eyes swivel to the ground. " I'm really sorry, Lucy really I am I was caught up doing a Science intervention with this kid." Emily said with a shrug and I could tell she was pleading my forgiveness. " Sorry to leave you alone Lucy." Emily said sincerely. The leaves danced In the breeze and the sun began to go in. " That's fine Emily, I wasn't cosmpletely alone anyway." I say before I could regret it, I feel some colour reach my cheeks. Emily examines me a grin flashing across her lips. " Who is it Lucy." Emily asks me. " No one just some new boy." I reply. I could tell Emily wanted to make a comment but she doesn't.  " Why don't you come round mine tonight Emily." I ask. " We haven't had a sleepover in ages." I say truthfully. Emily's eyes light up like fireworks. She reaches for her phone and I realise I had never seen it before. Emily wasn't really in to technology let her phone seemed really high-tech. " Just got to ring my dad." Emily said walking to a near by bench. "Meet you at seven then" I decide. I knew Emily didn't want me to Stay around. I knew something was going on with her family life and I didn't want to intervine.

I travel the rest of the journey alone. To find mum and dad in the kitchen together. A rare occasion, ever since they broke up. Communication like this was limited. " Hi Mum, dad." I say grabbing a crisp apple from the fruit bowl.  " Hi sweetie." Mum says whilst going through some paper work for her job. " I didn't think you were coming today, Mum." I say. I live with dad in our house however mum owns and apartment just up the road. " Yes your dad thought it would be good to have me in this conversation." Mum says taking a sip of her tea, dad opens his mouth for the first time since I returned. " It's the bookshop Lucy, I just can't keep It up anymore, to many Bills and I have an offer for the place." Dad announced his words coming out quickly and jumbled. " Not the bookshop, I love that place." I cry in despair and dash out of the room as my parents exchange a glance.