Chapter 5

Reveal.

NARRATOR

Silas poke his tongue inside of his mouth after closing the door of the throne room.

"Well, well. If it isn't the young prince Silas. Back from work, I see." He heard the familiar voice of disdain he knows so well.

He looked up to glare at the person in front of him who was also staring at him with extreme hatred.

"What do you want, Connor?" Silas asked coldly.

"Tsk, I just want you on the ground full of injuries. If only some bandits attacked you on your way to that kingdom. What a shame that there wasn't." Connor said with mockery before walking away towards the left hall.

Silas wanted to attack him back but he composed himself. He knew that it is not suitable for him to act recklessly as the second heir of the throne. But he swear that he'll make the guy suffer one day.

He stomped his foot hardly before walking towards his room where his friend is waiting for him.

He opened the door and saw Farris who is on the balcony, looking outside.

"Enjoying the view?" Silas asked with a grin. Farris immediately turned around after hearing Silas' voice.

"You're back, how did it go?" Farris asked curiously. He wanted to know the king's answer.

"He'll allow me if I manage to beat my trainer even a little. I don't think it will be a biggy, I have always been training on my own when my trainer don't have any time." Silas said with a chuckle.

"How did he react when he got to find out about my identity?" Farris asked and Silas tapped his right shoulder with an assuring smile.

"Don't worry about that. He hates your kingdom, not you. He'll learn to know you better and like you since he also suggested to let you have a dinner with us before my fight. To get to know you better. But I did beg him a little.." Silas said with a cheeky smile as if he was still a kid. Farris just rolled his eyes.

He missed this feeling. Silas was the only person who he could get close to since Silas could understand him immediately.

He remembered the day he first met Silas. Silas was a very very talkative person for a prince and a guy, plus, he was very approachable.

And of course, Farris being Farris, he remained quiet without even talking. But Silas kept talking and asking him questions until he couldn't take it anymore and ended up responding to Silas' every questions.

But it touched him when Silas just listened and complimented him without even speaking ill about him or even judging him like the others do.

Farris with no powers, parents, status, or even a title would of course get judged and ill-spoken, it's just how their world works. That's why Silas' behaviour touched him, and realized that he finally made a friend.

"Are you training swordsmanship or martial arts?" Farris asked.

"Swordsmanship. I'm not that good on bare fighting. I'm more into a weapon fight." Silas' said with a shrug.

"Oh, yeah. Father allowed me to lend you one of our guest rooms for you to rest. Let's go." Silas said with a smile. Farris sighed in relief before following Silas.

"Thank you Silas, meeting you really saved me from sleeping on a tree." Farris said with laugh. Silas look at him with a surprised expression.

"You slept on a tree? Didn't it feel uncomfortable?" Silas asked.