The One

Momma always told me,

Papa always warned me,

Don't hang around with boys like you,

Teacher-

I jumped when a large meaty hand slammed the desk. My eyes met Mr. Pegg's steely gray eyes as he glared at me coldly.

"What have I said Alexandria?"

Great, what have I done now?

I scowled. How could he have possibly seen it? My black hair masked the earphones perfectly. There was no possible way.

"I don't understand, sir," I said innocently.

He grabbed the cord of the earphones and pulled. I winced.

"Not only are you muttering lyrics under your breath, but the music is so blaringly loud, it is distracting students from their learning."

I almost snorted. The students were staring at the whiteboard with a blank expression, I bet the only entertainment they were getting was now, when Sir suddenly picks me out of the lot of un-enthusiastic pupils.

"Okay, I shall never have my earphones in. You have my word," I promised, giving a salute. My eyes trailed to the earphone cable and I mentally face-palmed myself. Could there be a brighter contrast than white against my hair? No wonder he saw it.

He stashed the white earphones in his pocket. "Well let's make that word true. You won't get these until the end of the day."

My mouth dropped open before turning into a murderous scowl. "You can't do that. It's like saying a slut has to commit to celibacy."

I almost face palmed myself again. Out of all the comparisons I could choose from, I choose one that involves sluts?

"You just made that a whole week."

And I didn't speak again for the whole lesson.

*~*

"Hey!" A voice shouted behind me. Instantly recognizing that voice, I cringed and quickened my steps. I dodged students, my holey converse managing not to tear as I was close to running.

"Alex, wait!" The voice shouted again from behind.

I managed a few more feet before a hand landed on my shoulder, pulling me to a stop. I let out an irritated sigh before turning to Summer.

There she stood in all her 6 ft. glory with pink glossy heels and her matching hot pink shirt. Large diamond earrings glinted at me as she ran a manicured hand through her long blond hair. It was enough to get any boy within 3 ft. to sigh and literally fall to their knees and worship the ground she walked on.

Only, she wasn't like that.

As much as she had pressured me into thinking she wasn't just another ditzy blond haired bimbo with a great body and rich family, it was hard. For starters, she had all the accentuates listed from beautiful eyes to dainty feet. It was enough to think she was some kind of stuck-up bimbo.

But she wasn't.

She actually had a brain and was still a virgin (her revealing that information herself). Never nasty or even a gossiper, she stood by the rules and never stepped out of line.

I had wondered why she'd hang out with me out of all people. From what I saw, she loved to help lost souls, but I guess that was never me. I was more of an outsider, watching everything from the inside, but never joining them.

And I guess it was just Summer's mission to hang out with me.

And which I never liked the attention that came with being friends with her.