Tips For Chicks

Chapter 2

It was dark, but the streetlight managed to illuminate Gabriel's face well.

I could see how girls could fall over their own feet just to get attention from him. He was stunningly beautiful with tan skin, 5 o'clock shadow, and brown hair flipping over a pair of shocking blue eyes. He was gorgeous, but a cocky bastard as well.

He could make you sigh with just one glance, and could make you fall quicker than a bullet to the heart.

But as you could say, he would be that bullet. He'd win your heart, then break it just as quickly. I'd seen it plenty of times.

Sometimes, I pitied those courageous little souls that'd go out on a limb, hoping and praying that they could change the ways of a player, because seriously, you had to be blind to see that bo hormonal teenage boy would want to settle down at his age. You'd think the girls would be able to see it. There are, of course, a few smart people wise enough to stay away, but plenty of boys love the chase. It was a never-ending circle. Thankfully, one never-ending circle I wasn't included in.

Not yet, anyway.

"Okay, okay. You don't have to get aggressive with me, I was just to offer her-"

"What? Drugs? Can't a lady walk around past midnight without having drugs stuck down her throat?" He roared, stepping forward.

Mr. Not-So-Serial Killer threw his hands up as if to stop him, but Gabriel took another step forward until he could pick him up by the scruff of the shirt.

"Woah, woah, woah. Stop!" I shouted, waving my hands in front of Gabriel. "Not only does he not look suspicious, but he doesn't have a bag of drugs, now does he? So let's not do anything drastic," I looked pointedly at the hand holding the guys collar.

Besides, if Mr. Not-So-Serial Killer did decide to throw punches at me, I knew what to do. I mean, I've lived by myself for a while now, so I had learned how to defend myself in times of need. Not only that, but now that I work at the middle of the night, it was a necessity.

But the guy was harmless, if anything, he looked like he was trying to get a message across.

Mr. Not-So-Serial Killer shoved Gabriel away, who dropped him on the floor. He managed to land on his feet with ease, though, as if he were expecting it.

"Listen, just give me a call," he shuffled around in is baggy pockets, before flicking it at me. It floated to the ground.

"Don't do it! He'll give you drugs," slurred Gabriel, slightly unbalanced. It looked as if he could stabilize himself more if he had anger in him. Not that it mattered. If he fell face first into the concrete, I think I'd laugh.

"Alright, Gabriel," I hit him on the shoulder a little harder than necessary. "I think you should head home."

Just as I was about to shove him in the direction of Mr. Not-So-Serial Killer, he had disappeared. My hint must have been noticed and he'd probably ran before I could ask him to take Gabriel home.

I cursed under my breath. My options were limited.

"As much as I hate you, Gabriel, I decided you shouldn't drive home drunk, seeing as that not only is dangerous, but illegal as well," I talked to him as if he were a child, and with the way he was swaying on his feet, he wouldn't be far from it.

"So where does that leave me? At your place?" he winked suggestively. I snorted. It seemed he was sober enough to flirt with me.

"No, it leaves you at yours," I grabbed his wrist and tugged him further along the path. Only to stop and look behind me. The little white note was scribbled on the card, shining in the light. I bit y lip before reaching down and picking it up.