Chapter 4-Replica

Before I could say or do anything, he flicked his paintbrush so lime green paint covered the face of the angel. He smirked. I let out a shriek of rage, "Eric! What the-"

"Mr. Carter!" Ms. Patterson said, before I could finish my statement. She hated cussing, so she would always cut me off. "What did you do," she walked over to my easel. "Five thirty a.m. Be here. You have detention tomorrow morning," she said as she saw the artwork ruined.

I stayed after my normal time, seeing as I get out three hours before the rest, to try to fix what Eric did. Ms. Patterson was used to me staying after. She was free like me.

"Ms. Patterson?" I asked.

"Yes, Xenon," she said, worriedly, seeing as my headphones weren't in my ears like they normally were.

"Could I get out Eric's painting, make a perfect replica, and ruin the replica I make, in order to get back at him?" I asked, knowing the answer was going to be no.

Much to my surprise, she said, "Normally, I would say no. But, I will allow such a thing. I will put his painting in my storage room and say I did it. Seeing as you never have a chance to get back at him."

"Well, if WE do that, could I say I 'liked' his painting that I made a replica and put it in your storage when you weren't looking, next class? Because, I want to give him a reason to see that there is no reason for bullying me." I say, feeling somewhat nice today.

"That is surprising. You always say you want to destroy him, the way he destroyed the girl you used to be. But, yes. You may," she said, in slight aw that I wanted to be nice to someone who treated me like, well for lack of a better word in my mind, shit.

I went right to work.

An hour and half later, the replica looked exactly the same. Other than in the lower right corner of the original (Yes, I tempered with his), was my signature. (I deferred from the original plan. Sorry! My instinct said to.) I put the original (with my change) in the storage room and returned to the replica. I took neon pink paint and splattered it all over it.

"Xenon, that looks perfect to get back at him. And I saw you differed from the plan we had. You signed his and put in the storage room and ruined yours," she said.

'Darn, she saw!' I thought to myself. "Yeah, I wasn't going to be a b. ya know?" I told her honestly. I didn't want to ruin his actual hard work, so I decided to ruin his replica.

"Well, that is not what I expected of you. And you already redid your painting, the one he ruined?" She asked.

"Yep," I pointed to the fixed Fallen Angel next to the ruined one.

An hour later the end of school bell rang.

"Now I have to walk home without Eric giving me hell. Why didn't I leave earlier?" I muttered to myself.

~~~~~~

Please vote or comment.