5. Truths and Secrets

Later, you sat silently in your room. Jungkook stood guard outside the door. You heard him shuffle from time to time, or sniff quietly, or sigh. 

You hadn't seen Yoongi nor Jin since earlier; since Yoongi broke the news to you that he was a hitman sent to kill your dad. Since your world had been flipped upside down once more. In fact, not flipped upside down - your world had been flipped, torn, ripped, blended, chewed up and spat out, reingested again by a poisonous frog, puked back up, and run over by a truck. And still, you were the most in the dark of everyone in the house. Nobody had come in or out of your room since Jungkook escorted you back here, avoiding your gaze and silent as he could possibly be. 

Just when you were ready to fall asleep, back into that sweet oblivion, the door swung open once more. A tall, handsome made swept in, boots landing heavily on the wooden floor with each step. He took you in, tilting his head. 

"Hello, Y/n." 

"Hello." Your voice was meek, and you hated it. But this man, whoever he was, simply oozed command, and demanded respect. You may not have been around many different people in your life, but you recognised a force of nature when you saw one. He made his way round to the seat bedside your bed, still watching you quietly. Clad in a pair of dark jeans, and a dark jumper, his dark figure cut a shadow in the room adorned with whites and creams. "Who.." you began, fingers fiddling with one another above the bedcovers. "Who are you?"

"My name is Namjoon. Are you sure you don't already know that, Y/n?" He smiled lightly, dimples appearing in his smooth cheeks. You sighed, pressing your fingers to your forehead.

"No," you groaned. "I don't already know that. I don't know anything. And nobody will tell me anything, either." Exasperation lay heavy in your voice. "I'm tired. I just want to go home."

"Mm." Namjoon watched you intently. He had a way about him - something that told you his demure gaze was trying to figure you out a lot more than he let on. And that he was succeeding, too. "Do you know who your father is?"

"I know that Sung-hoon - no, Yoongi, was sent to-" Pressure built behind your eyes, stronger than before, threatening to spill tears. "To kill him."

"What is 'his' name, Y/n? What is your name?" 

"Kang Ji-hyun. Kang Y/n. Why are you asking me this?" Namjoon exhaled, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a cell phone.

"I'm asking you this," he began, tapping away. "Because your father is not Kang Ji-hyun. Your father is Cho Seo-jun. And you are Cho Y/n." He turned the phone toward you, holding it out, and the glaring headline that shouted at you from the news website almost made your heart stop in your chest.

 SEOUL'S BIGGEST CARTEL LEADER CHO SEO-JUN LEAVES 12 DEAD AT-

Turning your face away, you stared at the white blankets. You wouldn't have believed it, you would never have believed it if not for the CCTV footage still-image beneath the headline. Your father. Gun in hand. Bodies, and blood, and-

"I've read enough." You whispered. You knew you would never get that image out of your head for as long as you lived.

"How did you end up here, Y/n?" Namjoon asked, taking the phone away and switching off the glaring screen. Even though you were sure he already knew the answer, you talked. You told him the same story you told Jin. The incomplete story. When you were finished, he cast his gaze down and shook his head.

"No, Y/n. The actual story." 

You tried to be brave. You tried to hold your ground, to argue back at him. You didn't know this man, you didn't trust this man, and you didn't want him knowing anything he didn't have to. You tried. But in the end, you were too tired. And too scared. And too confused. You told him everything.