The Road trip-2

When I ran in the direction of the scream. I froze in horror at what I saw. It was my family.

My mother,  My father and My brother Tom were all tied to a pole.

As I neared them I saw their body was badly mangled, covered in blood.
I realised my mom & dad were both dead.

I collapsed on the ground screaming like I wasn't sane anymore.

It was Tom who had screamed. He was still breathing. His breathing was strained and raspy.

I decided I had to save him..He looked at me. I released him. He collapsed to the ground.

I lifted him and lay his head on my lap.

He whispered to me hoarsely as tears ran down his face.

" I won't live much longer. you have to get out of here while you can. You will live for me. "

That's when I realised he had a knife lodged in his spine. He was bleeding out.
He cringed in pain

I looked at him and said

" No you won't die, You will survive.
We will get out of here alive "

He looked at me desperately & said
" They will come back. You need to run. Please save yourself. Survive for us . "

He smiled and said,
" Always be happy. You are the best sister anyone could ever have. I will always love you. So will Mom and Dad  "
with that he closed his eyes. He stopped breathing. I realised he was dead.

I gently kissed his forehead. Tears brimmed my eyes. I left my family there and walked away without turning back.

I had lost all my family in just a few hours. I had No one to live for.I was an orphan.

Suddenly I saw those two men. They were following me ready to pounce on me at any moment. I was terrified.

As one man tried to catch hold of me I attacked him with the knife I had found near my brother's dead body. I slit his throat open in one blow. He collapsed on the ground

The other man by this time was trying to pick up a log. I kicked his chest before he could and stabbed him in the heart and in a blink he breathed his last.

Killing was now not terrifying but it filled with a great sense of power.

I had avenged the death of my family. I felt a strange sense of satisfaction by this. I started to laugh hysterically.

I stabbed them multiple times. Till my rage had subsided. By the time I was done the men were beyond recognition.

As I realised what I had done. I was horrified. My face was covered with blood stains. I saw all the blood on the floor and was terrified. Both the corpse looked like their insides had been ripped apart. Fright and the loss had turned me to a monster. The innocent little girl in me was dead. I felt heartbroken.

I ran blindly and Suddenly I fell into a river..I gasped for breath. I tried to keep myself on surface. Everything was a blur. I lost consciousness.

When I woke up. I was surrounded by a small group of  people.

I heard from that I had been swept all the way to their village by the river.
I stayed in the village, until I recovered.

Finally I decided to go to my Nana. As she was my only family left in this whole wide world.

That brings me to the road that I'm walking down. I'm just a few steps away from my Nana.

As I rang the door bell there she stood smiling, she hugged me tight.

I explained to her about everything..that had happened.

She broke down to tears, We had only each other to console.

I had nightmares for a long time

Even today when I think of all that happened in those few hours. I feel as if all that was a dream.

Except it cost me my family.

Today I live with my Nana and I'm finally happy. I guess I survived the horror
______________________________

*Yay that's the end of my first ever story.
*Comment and let me know if you liked it.
*Love all my readers.