>>>>>[ Chapter 9: "Respect"

One week.

That's how long had passed since Tank had been admitted to the hospital for his injuries – the length of time it took for the doctor's to release him, and allow him to come home. Bandages wrapped his head – covering the damaged ear – and one of his arms was temporarily immobilized to help his shoulder heal. The swelling that had contorted his face was mostly gone.

It would be another week before he attended school again.

Tank smiled – presenting his fist. "Hey, Bonkers!"

Honker looked tentatively at the fist as he approached Tank, then made a fist himself and tapped it against Tank's. "How's it goin' big bro?"

"You know, Bonkers … I was thinking." Tank adjusted himself in the bed – sat up a little higher. He took in a deep breath, pausing – as if dramatically or to make a point – before continuing. "I mean … it was something about Three …"

"What do you mean?"

"I dunno. It was something about the way he moved … what he said. What I think he said, anyways. Honestly?" Tank smiled, chuckling under his breath. "I'm pretty convinced now Three and I should exchange names."

Honker smiled – chuckling himself.

"But that's not what I'm talking about. I had a lot of time to think laying in the hospital. I relived the fight more times than I can count and … and … I dunno … I just keep thinking of you for some reason. Somehow I kept seeing you up there instead of Three. Like I said, something about the way he moved maybe … I'm not sure."

Honker held his breath as Tank reached over to his nightstand and poured himself a drink of water. He looked to Honker. "I have an extra glass if you want a drink."

"No, no." Honker shook his head. "I'm fine."

Tank nodded. "I guess what I'm saying is: I'm sorry."

Honker started, his eyes grew large as he stared at Tank in disbelief.

Tank laughed. "You can pick your chin up off the floor now." He paused. "You know… Madoka did bring you up while I was showing her around the school. You should probably talk to her."

Honker looked at Tank suspiciously. "You made a fool of me."

"That was mainly for your benefit. Madoka thought you were cute." Tank shrugged as he took a sip of water – a smirk on his face. "Women. Go figure, right?" Tank took another drink. "Here. I had Mom pick this up for you on the way home from the hospital."

Tank reached into the drawer of his nightstand, and produced a book which he tossed to Honker. "'Weightlifting: Self-Taught' It's the book I got started with a few years ago. Give it a few weeks – see what you think."

-=]+[=-

"Not now, Gearloose! I'm a little busy!"

KSSSHHH! …

WHUMP!

"UNPH!" Quiverwing grimaced from the pain of impact – her having fallen one-and-a-half stories to a not-so-soft landing on reinforced concrete blocks.

"This isn't exactly going according to pla-an!" Quiverwing sung as she rose. Being slammed through a plate-glass window was never what she considered "Fun" – and this was the second one she'd been through tonight.

Gyro broke in on her comm. "When do you think you'll have a moment?"

Quiverwing watched eyes wide as the Alligator flew threw the window after her – descending upon her in a complete rage.