>>>>>[ Chapter 7: "Rivalry"

"Hey, Gosalyn! You heading out to tonight's game?" Lizzy looked upwards at Gosalyn expectantly, her green eyes wide as she clutched her books tightly to her chest.

Gosalyn removed her helmet from her hard-bag, and placed it under her shoulder before replying. "Of course!" Smiling broadly, she gave a gracious bow. "Transportation and admission provided courtesy of one Deuteronomy Duck."

"Deuter … " Lizzy's eyes – almost impossibly – opened wider as she squealed with excitement – Gosalyn locking the case. "As in, Deuter … I mean … of 'The Splashing Pumpkins' Deuter?" Lizzy swooned. "Oh my God, Gosalyn! You're kidding, right?"

Gosalyn shook her head. "I have my dress picked out, and everything."

Lizzy let out a contented sigh. "Can you imagine?" Lizzy clutched her books tighter, and cast her eyes dreamily skyward. "A classic match-up between two sworn enemies: the St. Canard Cannibals versus Duckburg High's Marauding Mallards. And all while sharing popcorn, and soda with … well … him!"

Lizzy let out another squeal as if to punctuate.

Gosalyn smiled, zipping her black, mandarin-collared leather riding jacket as she gently shook her head. "What am I going to do with you?"

Gosalyn threw a leg over her motorcycle and – taking a deep breath – checked the time on its display. "And – speaking of time – I don't have much left before Mr. Duck shows up." Starting her bike, Gosalyn turned back to Lizzy as she kicked up her stand. "See you tonight at the game?"

Lizzy smiled – anxious for a chance to meet one of her musical idols. "Definitely!"

Putting on her helmet, Gosalyn checked the parking lot to make sure everything was clear before walking her 1000cc Street-Bike out of its parking space. A quick check of her engine stats, and a torque of the throttle later she was gone.

A messenger boy – an apparent duck/chicken hybrid with white feathers and a red messenger uniform – approached an unassuming home. Standing tall, and proud he adjusted his glasses and – smiling slightly, reached up and took hold of the Duckburg home's door-knocker, then swung it resolutely. TAP! TAP! TAP! TAP!

He waited…

"Yeah, just a sec!"

A crash could be heard in the house, followed by a series of heavy footsteps before the latch was undone, and the door flung wide open. Built like a linebacker, the beagle's demeanor was harsh – like he was definitely looking for a fight.

"What do you want?"

"I'm sorry, Sir. I'm a messenger with the Duckburg Courier Service. I have a priority package for a … uhm … Mr. Three?"

"Yeah, I'm Three. Give it to me!"

The messenger's slight smile turned into a wide grin as he lunged at the neck of the unsuspecting beagle – quickly crushing his throat and tackling him to the ground. Working quickly, he turned Three on his side – reaching into his pocket to produce a pen-like device.

"Thank you, Sir. Now if you don't mind, I'm just going to need to 'sign' … here."

"Gosalyn?"

Gosalyn blushed at her date's reaction as he admired her in her green dress. From her ears dangled delicate gold chains supporting two beautiful Tahitian pearls – a perfect compliment to the equally delicate gold chain around her neck bearing a gold dolphin charm with a Tahitian pearl at its center.

The dress itself was shoulder less with an elegant, sweetheart neckline chosen to enhance her pert "b-cup" as the dress hugged her waist, then fanned out to enhance her hips until it ended just above her knees. A simple, gold tennis bracelet and a pair of strappy gold heels completed the ensemble.