Flames of Malice

Don't be racist kids, or your entire neighborhood might get burnt to the ground-

Requiem was in his room, doing the usual and painting whatever he had gotten the sudden urge to paint. The painting was vague like all the others, the canvas covered in orange and red. He had basically just thrown the colors onto it, making it look extremely sloppy. He was adding the final touch, a small black figure that stood in the flames. No features, just a small silhouette that stood there. Requiem placed hie paintbrush down as he backed up to see what new image with a hidden meaning he had created. His narrowed his eyes, he swore he heard fire crackling coming from it. He got close to it, touching the flames with his hand. He recoiled and retracted his hand, surprised that the painting managed to hurt him. He stared at his hand then back at the painting, looking at the figure. "Oh no..." Requiem said as he realized with this painting was trying to show him. He quickly rushed out of his room, in search for Malice. 

Malice quietly watched at the flames roared, followed by the screams of those trapped in the blaze. Stardust stood behind her, its tail wrapped around her feet as it watched the scene with her. "MALICE! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?" Requiem asked as he came to a halt, breathing heavily and coughing from the smoke. Malice turned to the blazing town then back at Requiem, shrugging. "Dunno." Malice said as she went back to staring at the flames. Requiem grumbled as he stared at the fire with horror. "Just...tell me why.." Requiem sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look, I just wanted to get back at the guy who was being a piece of shit to you." Malice said as he turned away from Requiem. "And you decided that burning half a town was the way to do it?" Requiem asked, shaking his head in disappointment. "I mean, yeah." Malice said. "BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO THINK ABOUT- I DON'T KNOW, EVERYONE ELSE IN THE TOWN?!?" Requiem exclaimed before he lowered his head and held it in his hands. He wasn't even that surprised, Malice had a tendency to act before thinking, mostly when she's angered. "Stop judging me." Malice began to mumble, trying to hide from Requiem with her mask. "Maybe, if you didn't burn half of this place down, I wouldn't be judging you." Requiem sighed. "How did you even know I did this?" Malice asked, still focused on the fire. "Through a painting, it even burnt my hand." Requiem said as he stared at the flames with her. "Ok...I'm just gonna leave." Malice mumbled as she walked away, Stardust following after her. Requiem gazed at the flames, still horrified of what Malice had done. But, might as well suck it up I suppose, it is Malice after all.