Cursed Enlightenment

The funny chapter where Requiem has a fucking breakdown 

Once again, Requiem awoke in the all to familiar black void. There was nobody here, except for him. The vague silhouette he had simply named "Z" quietly stood there. Blankly staring at Requiem with his only eye. "What is it now..?" Requiem quietly asked, gritting his teeth as he looked away from Z. "..." Z said nothing, staring him down. Requiem gripped onto his shoulders, his hands trembling. This wasn't the first time he has to deal with Z, but there was something about Z that terrified him. He wrapped his tail around his legs, squeezing his eyes close. "Please...just leave me alone." Requiem mumbled, his voice becoming shaky. "..." Z slowly approached Requiem, holding his hand out. He could feel it, the cold, suffocating air that followed him around. He, against his better judgment, turned to face Z. He aggressively grabbed Requiem's face, leaving Requiem choking for air. He gasped as he stared at whatever new cursed truth Z had decided to show him. It was that one again, the one he dreaded to look at. The flames that danced to the sound of the wails of agony, the distant roars of beasts that sounded far to familiar to his own liking. He thought, more like hoped, this wouldn't terrify him as usual. His body swelling with despair, he wanted that feeling to slowly rot away. But, it never did. This scene of flames and screams just made his heart fill up with guilt. He didn't know why, and he didn't want to learn the truth. "No...no NO NO. PLEASE NOT AGAIN!" Requiem wailed as he grabbed his head and curled up into a ball. He tried to ignore the wails and crackling of the flames but they grew louder and louder, he tried to cover his ears, sinking his claws into his flesh as he did so. His breathing quickened, the sounds around him starting to overwhelm. Before he had completely broke down, he was back in the void, Z looming over his cowering form. Requiem's eyes were bloodshot from his sobbing, he stared back at Z, swallowing his saliva that had gathered in his throat. He gritted his teeth as his expression turned into a scowl. "WHY??? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME????" Requiem asked, sitting up. "..." Z didn't respond. "ANSWER ME! ANSWER ME GOD DAMN IT!" Requiem yelled, his voice thundering through the void. Silence. Requiem grabbed his face as he yelled out in frustration. "WHY DID IT HAVE TO ME???? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS CURSED ENLIGHTENMENT??? JUST FUCKING ANSWER ME!" Requiem shouted, lifting himself up from the ground. His body was still trembling from what Z forced him to see so many times. His mind shrouded with anger, Requiem let out one more irritated yell as he lunged at Z, trying to claw him. Without reacting, Z grabbed Requiem's hand, right before it touched his throat. Once again, Z threw Requiem into another dreaded vision he cursed him with. Requiem was in the exact position he was in, his hand covered in someone's blood. He knew it wasn't Z's, for the body that laid on the ground revealed to him. His eyes widened as he stumbled back, looking at his blood stained hand. His body began to tremble again, his vision becoming blurry. He stumbled as he tried to walk away, his body eventually hitting against a wall which he used to support himself. Requiem ushered hurried whispers under his breath, completely unintelligible whispers. He had taken those cursed Mindtrick flowers and that wasn't as bad when compared to what his was experiencing now. His body was giving up, wanting to collapse to the floor and finally rest from this curse. Z finally dragged him out of that living nightmare, letting Requiem fall to the floor. Z crouched and grabbed Requiem's shoulders, making him look at him. The void faded away alongside with Z himself. Malice now stood were Z did, being the one holding Requiem's shoulders. Her expression was calm but he could tell she was worried. "Everything good?" Malice asked, receiving a shaky nod from Requiem. "Ok...you should get some rest. I can tell he put you through some shit." Malice said as she helped Requiem up, leading him into his room.