Chapter 4 | Lan Zhan's new rival

Just 1-2 days after the phoenix disappeared, the Lan family and most of the clans have already learned the names of those who possess the dark power - the darkness. Because of the increase in their reputation, the Wens were forced to hide even more until they gathered more strength for better defense, and later in a great battle to attack. However, due to their hiding, the danger was reduced, so Lan Qiren eased and later lifted the curfew. From then on, Lan Zhan was in the park every day, where he spent up to several hours alone. Weeks had passed, but the phoenixes had not returned since.

Every day in the afternoon in the park was the same. However, one day remained memorable for him, but not in a good way.

A bad and misleading news reached Jiang Cheng, which only heightened in him the anger and hatred he felt for the dragons.

.

A few weeks later ...

Jiang Cheng was just walking in the park when he noticed Lan Zhan. Driven by his sudden onset of inner anger, he went there angrily to the dragon so he could finally tell Lan Zhan what had been weighing on his heart for weeks.

 Driven by his sudden onset of inner anger, he went there angrily to the dragon so he could finally tell Lan Zhan what had been weighing on his heart for weeks

Lan Zhan was sitting on a bench, close to the lake. He was already thinking it was time to go home when he heard someone walk over to him. Lan Zhan turned around and looked at Jiang Cheng, with disappointment.

"Oh. ... Hello, Jiang Cheng." Lan Zhan greeted him indifferently as he got up from the bench.

"Mn. Hello, you too. I'm surprised to see you here. I thought that after what happened or what turned out, .. you were going to celebrate with your little 'friends.' " - (Jiang Cheng was referring to the Wens. He heard that Lan Zhan had betrayed Wei Ying to the demons.)

"What are you talking about? I have nothing to celebrate."

"Really?" - he asked doubtfully. - "But I thought, .. at least you finally achieved your little plan. So you don't have to act anymore."

"Acting?" - repeated Lan Zhan the serpent's words. - "What?" - Lan Zhan noticed the snake's angry looks at him. - "Okay, tell me what's wrong with you?"

"My problem is you are. .. You are the reason why Mr Wei decided to leave with his family, without a trace. It's not only the Wen demons that are a danger, but also you.. The phoenixes are gone, but not only because of them, but also because of you!"

The cloudy sky then roared loudly, reflecting the dragon's mood.

"I hear you don't like the truth. ... You may be able to control the weather or whatever, ... but even you cannot control Fate, nor can your capricious mood. ... That, it is all ... YOUR FAULT!"

"Okay, that's enough!" - Lan Zhan shouted, then stood in front of the snake to look him in the eye. - "I don't know where you heard that, or why you think that about me, but it's all lies! You're wrong, Jiang Cheng! .. You're wrong to think I had anything to do with those twisted, Wen filthy monsters."

"i am not wrong. In fact, there's even evidence of what I'm accusing you of." he declared confidently.

"Evidence?" Lan Zhan was confused.

"Oh, maybe you didn't know? My father recently told me that he had spoken to your uncle. Lan Qiren told him that he had recently received an anonymous envelope. In that envelope were some burnt pictures of you, with a little message and the date on which those demons must have been there on the eve of Wei Ying's disappearance. .. Oh, and the message? Do you know what it was? for I will tell you, if you do not know; 'Don't forget the word of the Wen '.." - he paused and watched Lan Zhan's reaction to what he heard, then continued. - "You caused this danger, and because of you, Wei Ying almost ... - " he couldn't finish because Lan Zhan hit him roughly in the face. Jiang Cheng staggered back from the blow.

"Don't you dare take his name on your mouth again! I would never do anything to endanger his life ... because I love him!"

"But I love him too!!!" he confessed, while standing upright and wiping the blood from his nose.

Lan Zhan was shocked.

"Yeah, you heard right. I love him too!" - he repeated. - "But now, I've lost him, .. because of you!!"

Jiang Cheng was about to hit Lan Zhan, but someone caught his fist in time to stop him. He looked to the side and then saw the other dragon standing next to him. Xichen's eyes stared at him sternly.

"I will not allow you to accuse my brother of committing such horrible acts, Jiang Cheng. .. And I'm not going to let you put your hand on him." he said, then pushed him away, keeping him even further away from his brother. Jiang Cheng staggered back again, almost losing his balance.

"All I said is the truth, Xichen. But if you protect that criminal so much, you're no different than him."

"Get out of here now. I've been merciful to you so far, Jiang Cheng." - Xichen warned him. - "But there's a limit to that, too, which I recommend you don't cross."

"Do you want to intimidate me? But of the two of us, or rather ..." - he looked at Lan Zhan for a moment. - "... of the three of us, you have reason to fear. And, for what you have done, neither I nor my parents will leave without a word. You better remember that." replied Jiang Cheng indignantly, then stormed away.

Xichen watched Jiang Cheng move away for a while, then turned to his brother. During this time, Lan Zhan collapsed on the bench. Xichen walked over, then sat down on the bench next to his brother. Lan Zhan looked sadly, thoughtfully at the lake in front of him.

 Lan Zhan looked sadly, thoughtfully at the lake in front of him

"Lan Zhan. ... Is everything all right?"

Lan Zhan just shook his head.

"No. ... Nothing's okay." said Lan Zhan.

"Don't worry about Jiang Cheng. He thinks he's scary, but he's not a serious problem."

"He's not the reason I'm upset. I'm upset that because of the picture he was talking about, other people assume that I'm capable of hurting the person I love more than anything. I don't know who made the picture of me, but it was meant to destroy my name or our family name, and also to make me a criminal in what the Wen brothers did."

"Whatever or whoever it is, we'll find out." - Xichen consoled him. - "just like we'll find out where Wei Ying is."

Meanwhile, the gloomy weather finally paid off, and it started to rain.

"But now we'd better go home first, before we get completely soaked and our uncle starts to worry about us." Xichen said.

They both left the park in a hurry. After getting into the car, they went home.

.

His brother's words gave Lan Zhan hope, but at the same time he sensed that this mystery they were really trying to solve, would not be easy, nor quick.

And, as it turned out, his feeling had been confirmed.

-----------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it! 🧡✨