An unexpected guest

After the slumber party, I was a little more comfortable talking to Kirishima. I also feel like I was better friends with Mina too.

I was at home, in my basement lifting weights. I did this every night, in order to get stronger. I knew that my quirk wouldn't be strong enough to use in battle, so ever since I was 8 years old I used the weights in my basement to train. And ever since then, I was able to build up the strength in my body to make up for my quirk.

The next morning, I woke up ready for another day at school. I was going to meet Mina and Toru so we could walk together. So after I finished getting ready for the day, I raced outside so that I wouldn't miss them. They were both outside waiting for me. "Hey Y/N!!" Toru called to me.

"Hey!!" I called back, "Ready to go?"

"Yep, all ready!" Mina exclaimed.

We walked through our neighborhood talking different random things. It was good to know that both Toru and Mina lived nearby. I was worried that I would be left out from friends I made because of my location.

As we were getting closer to UA, I heard some ruckus coming from behind a grocery store. "Do you guys hear that too?" I asked, looking to see where the noise was coming from.

"Yeah. Weird." Mina said, looking with me.

"Maybe it's best if we don't get involved with whatever's going on over there." Toru said. "We should just focus on getting to school."

"Yeah you're probably ri-" Mina got hit in the head by a flying boulder coming from behind the store, and she collapsed to the ground.

"Mina!" Me and Toru yelled.

I knelt beside her and started shaking her, "Mina! Can you hear me? Please wake up!" She seemed to be unconscious and blood was leaking from her forehead. This wasn't good.

Then a man stepped out from behind the store and looked straight at us. "Damn, did I do that? Sorry for the trouble, I wasn't aiming for you."

I felt my heart skip a beat. It couldn't be...

I looked into his eyes, how could I forget that face. Nothing changed. Images came back to my head, of this gruesome man, smashing Anika into the ground.

I looked back to see Toru who was trembling in fear, and looked down to see Mina who was still unconscious. We had to get out of this mess, but we still had a while to go before we were able to get to UA. How were we supposed to leave?

The man looked at us, "Wait a second, you three are from UA aren't ya?"

"What should we do?" Toru whispered to me.

I couldn't respond, I couldn't move.

Then his eyes settled on me, and turned into a glare. "It's you. How could I forget that scared little face of yours?"

"Y-Y/N? W-what is he talking about?" Toru stammered.

I slowly stood up. And I remembered what Kirishima said. 'It's not easy to speak up without hesitating. But once you know what you believe in, you'll learn to face your fears.'

"Go." I said. "Get Mina out of here, she needs to be healed."

"What? No! I can't leave you!" She said, I could hear in her voice that she was worried.

I turned to her and gave her a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine."

"Enough chit-chat!!" He yelled, and threw a punch at me. I quickly ducked and raced to his side to throw a counterattack.

I punched his fully extended arm with full force. But it didn't even flinch. "Nice try kid, but that's not gonna work on me!" He threw me to the side, crashing me into the grocery store.