Chapter 12

*** Okay guys so I'm a few minutes past my deadline Dx Please don't e upset :'( Anyways I hope you enjoy the new chapter :D There is more about Kyle in this chapter :3 so ENJOY!!!! <3 ***

Chapter 12

We drove back to my place in Kyle’s jeep. Apparently he had his friend, who works with him as a police officer with the K9 unit, bring it down to the hospital. The whole way there we would flip through radio stations. We had the same taste in music too which made the ride back more enjoyable and less awkward from the situation we were in. We’d sing to songs we knew… Which were close to all of them, and when a commercial would come on we’d change to a different station.

When we finally arrived to my house Kyle turned off the radio, and before I could say anything he was out through his door and opening mine. He helped me get out and grabbed my crutches from the back seat. I insisted on carrying my own belongings ut he took them anyways. Such a gentlemen he is.

After we got into my house (using the spare key under the flower pot) I told Kyle I was going to take a nap in my bedroom. So what does he decide to do? He picks me up bridal style and whisks me up to my bedroom.

“I could of manages quiet fine on my own getting to my room.” I said holding back a smile and blush from his line of sight.

“That’s nonsense. With your luck you’d fall down the stairs with your crutches.” He said with a slight laugh.

“Hah! Shows what you know. I would have tossed them upstairs, held onto the railing, and hopped up stairs.” I said crossing my arms and smiling as if I won a fight.

“You still would have fallen.” He was probably right though. I’m not the most graceful person in the world… even being that Grace is my name… way to go mom for giving me a name that doesn’t work for me…

It was just past 7PM when I finally got dressed for bed. I showed Kyle the guest room in which he would be staying in and said goodnight.

“Oh before I go to sleep though” I said turning around. “Thanks again for everything. I mean it.” I smiled and hobbled over to him to give him a hug, since I left my crutches in my bedroom.

“No problem Grace. Sweet dreams.” He said hugging me then kissing the top of my head… After that I just hobbled away. He went to say something but I put my hand up to signal to not bother with it. What is with me? Do I have this sign on my forehead saying “Hey look at me! Kiss me!” This has been a long stressful day… I just want to… Before I could even finish saying that out loud, I collapsed and fell into a deep sleep.

When I awoke it was a brand new day, and almost noon. I never get to sleep in this late! It feels great! I could hear the shower going, meaning Kyle was in the bathroom. So this is how my mom feels in the morning when she needs in the bathroom but I’m in there…

Since I had to wait who knows how long until Kyle was done in the shower I decided I’d make both of us breakfast… But I may have to do some cleaning and grocery shopping after what happened yesterday.

So not caring I was still in my pyjamas, I slowly made my way down the stairs with my crutches and headed towards the kitchen. When I got there I was so shocked I dropped one of my crutches, causing it to crash to the floor.

As I stood there, mouth opened starring at my kitchen I heard the shower go off. Then I heard Kyle running down the stairs asking if everything was alright.

When I turned around to answer Kyle, he was standing there. His eyes were wide open, him dripping wet… wearing nothing! ... But one of my white towels held loosely around his waist. From that I dropped my other crutch to the ground.