발문

발문 - balmun : epilogue

a section or speech at the end of a book or play that serves as a comment on or a conclusion to what has happened.

__

After the wedding, Seonghwa and his mother talked.

The two met for coffee after the couple came back from their beautiful honeymoon in Japan and spent hours talking out what had went wrong in their relationship.

As a result, Seonghwa had promised to involve his family in his life much more, and to come and visit Jinju-si at least twice a year.

Seonghwa's mother had promised to be more understanding towards not only Seonghwa, but towards Seonghwa's choice of his life partner as well.

It had gone well.

__

Two years had passed and Seonghwa remained in consistent contact with his family, going to his brothers football games and going to dinner with both of them as well as Hongjoong and his parents too.

It was nice.

It was more than nice, really.

It was a huge weight off of Seonghwa's shoulders.

Seonghwa had always missed his family, always regretted how things had been when he had originally gone to Seoul.

But now, he was happy.

He had his parents back, he had beautiful friends, and he had his soulmate.

Speaking of which, all of his beautiful friends were around him at that exact moment.

Well, except for Jongho and Yeosang, since they were in the hospital room, and Seonghwa and the others were all waiting outside of it.

See, Jongho was having a baby.

Not like that.

Yeosang and Jongho's baby.

The couple had decided to have a surrogate mother, decided to start up a beautiful family of their own.

That meant Seonghwa, Hongjoong, San, Yunho, Wooyoung, and Mingi were going to become uncles.

Excited was a bit of an understatement.

On the uncomfortable chairs, the group of friends all leaned on each other, chattering and playing silly mindless games like eye spy while passing the time.

The baby was being delivered, or had been delivered, since the surrogate mothers constant screaming had now ceased.

They could all hardly contain themselves, and every second felt like an hour.

Scratch that, every minute felt like a day as they waited to meet the little miracle on the other side of the door.

"Do you think it'll be a boy or a girl?" Seonghwa wondered out loud, hand clasped tightly in Hongjoong's, his head resting on his shoulder, clad with a leather jacket.