Story 06

We girls love it when a boy says something so sweet that we just sit there and smile like a bloody idiot. Then proceed to watch or read it seven times to flutter our heart. How good it would feel to hear it from your life partner! 

They always say beautiful things are felt not seen or vocalized. But sometimes hearing sweet words from your partner can make your day, it nourishes the relationship, makes you fell worth it, although there are few people like Mishti who are unaware of this feeling.

She is being married for past 13 years with a person who never ever said those three words to her, never surprised her on her birthdays and thier wedding anniversaries. Yet she never ever complained to her husband about this, she always understood him.

She had a daughter named Misha of seven years and a son named Mihir of ten years who loved her unconditionally. It was evening while she was coming meal for the family her husband came back from work. She walked to him a with a glass full of water.

As he drank the water, she noticed the book he brought with himself.

"This book?" She questioned out of curiosity, Keeping the glass back on table Abir grabbed the book and answered her,

"One of colleagues was behind me since a month asking me to buy this book so I did it today"

"Are you going to read it?" She questioned knowing her husband doesn't reads book.

"Atleast I can try" he said as he stood, "baba and kids?" He questioned as he didn't heard any noise.

"In the garden, they were getting bored" She replied smiling sweetly.

"Ok I will freshen up till than please make me chai" he requested to which she nodded smiling at her husband who walked in there room. She loved him! Loved him alot more than her life. After there marriage she waited for him to speak up about the love they share but he didn't. He was perfect example of a hopeless unromantic person.

Where she dreamed about having her prince charming who would take her on dates, give her surprises, praise her beauty every now and then but here she is making tea for her husband, who praises her only when he wants something, selfish!

He was so hopeless that he didn't even dance once with her, he felt shy to hold her hand in public. Whenever they were out there would be a respectable distance between them. At earlier she felt that he is shy but then she understood this is how he is.

Giving him tea she went back to kitchen to prepare dinner for everyone.

Later that night he started reading the book he bought, making Misha sleep Mishti asked her husband,

"Did you ever read before this?"

"Actually yes. In my college days I use to"

She poured oil on his hairs and stared to massage his head as he sat on chair turning the pages of husband books.

"What kind of?" Instead of answering he smiled,

"Speak" She again requested,

"You won't judge me?"

He asked turning his neck a bit, she nodded in no and added "I would never judge you"

Gluing his eyes back to book he uttered "Love stories" and that was a shocker for her. She stopped massaging his head and looked at him with a serious face,