7

I was standing at the sidelines, sipping on a glass of champagne and watching the newly arrived guests and members of our extended families mingle together. Isabella was hosting a garden party which brought everyone together to celebrate the upcoming wedding. The weather had remained nice and I had decided to wear the yellow sundress bought during Alexander's and my visit to the town.

Alexander hadn't noticed me yet. He was across the patio conversing with his three cousins, all very handsome men dressed in suit pants and a dress shirt. Alexander and another man were the only ones with the sleeves rolled up casually, and definitely stood out. I watched as he laughed and placed his hand on one of the men's shoulder, his arm flexing deliciously in the process.

I was surprised at how little I regretted what had happened in the drawing room that night, on the same day I had vowed to Isabella that there wouldn't be another situation in which she or anyone could walk in on something like that, nor that anything between her son and I would continue. Yet there I had been, drooling over the considerable and heavy cock I had held in my hand. I had politely introduced myself to a few members of the Dormer family, but retreated to wait for our cousin Rebecca, whose advice I needed desperately. Also, I needed someone to gush about Alexander to.

Just as I was about to check my phone to see if she had texted me any updates on her journey here, I heard a my name called by a familiar and silvery voice from the entrance of the patio. Rebecca was shuffling toward me in a long and tight dress, her heels clicking against the stone slabs on the patio's floor.

"Rebecca!" I smiled widely, laughing when she crashed into me for a tight hug, a bit of my champagne spilling in the process, "I've missed you too much."

"I've missed you more," she squeezed the life out of me and I hugged back with my free arm, "I'm mad at you for not having visited me." This hassle caused a few heads to turn, in particular that of Alexander's, who finally noticed me. My attention was quickly brought away from him when my dear cousin pulled back.

"Your dress," she gasped, "can I borrow it, pretty please?"

"Right now?" I grinned jokingly, "of course. After Sara, though."

"Ugh," she groaned and rolled her eyes, "she always gets everything first." I laughed, agreeing lightheartedly. Rebecca and I were both single, and watching our junior now getting married ignited similar feelings.

"You haven't met Nick yet, have you? You should go say hi," I told her, nodding over at the couple speaking to Nick's and Alexander's aunts and uncles. Rebecca glanced over but shook her head, "I'll go later, they're busy. Nick's not as hot as I expected?"

"Excuse me? He's completely fine," I giggled and nudged her playfully. Noticing then I had a glass of champagne, she began looking around for one herself. One of the staff members walking past us and toward the crowd was carrying a tray of glasses right from the staff's kitchen. With a small 'yoink' she almost scared the man half to death by reaching over to grab two. I quickly chugged the last bit of drink I had left and exchanged my empty glass for a new one. With a deep sigh, the man walked past us.

"I was expecting the Duke of Hastings," she shrugged, referencing our favourite show at the moment, the impeccable Bridgerton.

"Our standards are too high," I agreed, "his brother is quite something, though.."

"Oh, yes! Where is he?" she began looking around again. I had told her the basics of the situation through text, but knew the recently transpired events would blow her away. I glanced behind her at the group of men Alexander had been with before, but apparently not anymore. I searched for him within the groups of people, and spotted him making Sara's closest friends, Tara and Kate giggle like lovestruck teens.