Chapter 11

Tada! Another chapter. Introducing non-binary!Laufey. Enjoy ❤️

The Asgardians sat there, in the empty dining hall, staring at the Vanir. "You guys haven't even talked that much to each other," Fandral stated blankly at Hogun, pretty sure he knew who he was referring to.

"He barely talks at all," Volstagg scoffed, taking another bite from an apple, which he took from a rather big fruit bowl. And it was true, indeed.

None of them had expected for Hogun the grim to be in a relationship with a midgardian he just met.

"I don't see what upsets you about me courting Bruce" the Vanir spoke, earning glares from all around him.

"First of all, we are not upset about your affection towards Banner," Sif said to Hogun, and turned towards the rest of them to continue. "And secondly, is this not the first time we've heard Hogun address someone by their first name?"

No one, except Thor, nodded or agreed, an awkward silence filling the room. "If none of you are upset, why are you all silent?" The grim said a bit loudly, surprising his friends.

"It's unhealthy and disrespectful to speak while eating!" the redhead exclaimed, already his mouth full. Fandral sighed and rolled his eyes. "I'm happy for you, my friend" he smiled, folding his hands and leaning back against the chair.

"I'm bored, is all" Thor declared, looking at his hands which were on his lap. "What happened last night? I saw you and the Hawkeye talking with the Grandmaster," Fandral broke the silence. Thor shot him a glance before turning his head towards the rest in the room, smirking.

"I and Barton had to see who was the best in insulting someone sarcastically. So we tried it out," he shrugged. "Like the younger Prince?..." Volstagg trailed off, not wishing to bring up Thor's baby brother.

"Sort of," The thunderer smiled, surprisingly, before continuing. "Speaking of which, where is he? I haven't seen him from last night,"

∆•∆•∆•∆

"Please! I... I can't take it another second," the trickster's voice was trembling, grabbing his own hair in his hands. He and Frigga were at Jotünnheimr, to visit a certain someone, in hope to cure Loki's head pain.

"But, the potion is far more effective than it's supposed to be, Prince Loki," the healer replied, scared that the desperate little jotünn would try to attack her if he didn't give him the medicine.

Loki looked up from the floor, eyes glowing a blood red, blue hands coming down to the sheets from his hair, causing them to freeze.

"Do I look like I care?!" The echo of his voice and the sudden snap of his head scared the poor jotünn, rushing her to pour the strange, orange liquid from a pot into a small cup.

Apparently, Loki didn't have much patience till she walks towards him. So, he went up to her, snatching the cup from the Jotünn's hands, which were actually in level with his head.

He drank the medicine in one go, eyes contracting at the strange taste and smell. Thank the Norns, it actually started working...

Frigga just sat there, both sad and anxious to have known what was happening to her son.

Loki's Jotünn characteristics have been awakened. Being raised up as an Aesir for most of his lifetime, he failed to posses the normal physical strength jotnar had.

Technically, according to his frost giant heritage, Loki had reached the age to find a partner.

"Now, how does that feel, son?" Frigga inquired.

"Rather good, mother. The pain is controlled now," the tired Prince replied, slamming the cup in a nearby table.

Frigga nodded. "May I know what it's made of, Bergdis?" The jotünn lady looked at the boiling liquid in the pot. "It's a special type of honey that is found in the dense places of the Jotünnheimr woods, your highness."

Loki stored that information in his head, running his fingers through his hair to make him look decent. Just then, the blue door of that little room flung open, revealing Laufey, ruler of the Jotünns.

"How are you feeling now, son?" He stepped forward, gently stroking his child's raven hair.

"Great, actually" Loki smiled, kind of shy, not really being used to someone showing him affection other than his mother and Thor. "Good to hear," Laufey nodded their head in appreciation.

"Queen Frigga, I insist that you two must spend at least a day here, in Jotünnheimr. I wish to show Loki more of the palace and the realm." They stated, remembering that his son will have to leave him soon, again.

"Oh, I really appreciate your hospitality and kindness, *Queng Laufey. But I fear that we couldn't as Odin has an important feast organised tonight. I and Loki must be present there." Frigga said hesitantly, feeling bad for separating Loki from his biological parents.

"Oh.. I understand. Make sure to come here often, both of you." Laufey hid their disappointment with a smile, patted Loki's cheek gently.

∆•∆•∆•∆

"Important feast?" Loki asked his mother on their way out of the cold realm, who had a smirk on her beautiful face. "For a specific celebration, which promotes all our family members to another role."

As usual, the quick, sharp witted Prince couldn't understand the queen's statement. "Promotion? I'm afraid I don't follow..."

Frigga sighed and replied. "You and Thor will be uncles. I and your father, grandparents." Loki looked awestruck, unable to process the information he had been given.

"Wait, for real?!"

∆•∆•∆•∆

*Queng - the gender-neutral term for ruler (King/Queen)