Chapter 7

"so, you humans don't use magic on Midgard?" Loki cocked his eyebrow, while banner shrugged. "in my opinion, science is a kind of magic too," he smiled one of his awkward smiles.

Loki raised his hand, conjuring a beautiful snake out of thin air, which wrapped itself around his arm.

"whoa!" Bruce stayed still, not moving a little, indicating a human's natural fear of this beautiful creature. "meet Jörmungandr, my beloved company. I often let him wander in the woods and Thor likes him too," he smiled at the hint of fear in Bruce's eyes, who still was confused.

"Thor likes snakes?"

"he does,"

The scientist made an 'oh' sound and shifted back slightly, watching Loki pet the snakes head with his finger and making the purple-black scaled, ruby eyed reptile disappear once again. "say now, can your science do that?"

"well, we're still working on teleportation and, uh, more fast locomotive methods for us. I hope it will take more than a decade," Bruce smiled, noticing that Loki often shut his eyes tight, pressing his fingertips to his temple over and over again.

"is something wrong, Loki?" Bruce, being the doctor, asked very concerned. He watched as the raven shook his head, forcing a smile.

"just a small pain, nothing to worry about"

"oh, no. No physical pain is to ignore, Loki. I'm telling this as a doctor" he looked at the Asgardian prince's confused look and blinked. "...a healer"

Loki raised his eyebrows, nodding. "well it's not that important sort of a pain, Banner. I've experienced plenty of this before," he assured him, part of him still knowing there's something different this time. Very different.

"if you excuse me, I have to go meet my brother now..." the prince stood up from his chair, waiting for the mortal's approval. "oh, okay then" Bruce smiled and nodded, watching the mage go out of the chamber.

◌⑅●♡⋆♡⋆♡●⑅◌⑅●♡⋆♡⋆♡●⑅◌

Loki turned left, going circles around the west wing, searching for the blonde oaf. Is he making out with his warrior girlfriend again? The thought made loki scoff, thinking about how Sif, the one who made him feel low all his childhood, will someday become his family member. Norns, why.

Just then, he saw a glimpse of dark, green fabric hiding behind a pillar, the shadows of two people visible on the ground near it. And the sounds of giggling and whispering were heard too.

He gulped and tiptoed slowly, forgetting about the future king of Asgard awaiting, curiosity taking the best of him. Luckily, there were no guards around. He peeked his head in, looking at whatever that was happening behind the golden pillar.

Oh boy, he shouldn't have.

He stared for a solid second, before his eyes widened, turning back around and clasping his hand to his mouth. It was what he expected, two people making out, yes. One being a warrior, while the other was a poor kitchen boy. Both were males, the poor, lithe soul, caught in the other's firm arms, completely lost in paradise.

Actually, what surprised the young mage was, the warrior is famous for his charming looks and for his skills in bed.

A lothario. Fandral the dashing.

Is he into men too? But, isn't he supposed to meet Thor now? They all were supposed to meet up for some announcement of the elder prince.

Luckily, him turning around dramatically wasn't enough to catch their attention. He wondered what he should do, until he heard a small, pleading moan, from the weaker voice.

Oh Norns, he has to go. NOW.

He walked, his face completely red. What in the nines had he just witnessed? He better not think about this too much. This is none of his business to care about. He took deep breaths, slowing down his pace. "forget it,"

He finally found his brother, in the gardens, chatting with his friends. "Loki! What took you so long?"

"Banner and I were having a talk,"

Everyone looked at him, their eyes scanning him, making him feel more afraid than he was before. "w-what are you all looking at?"

Surprisingly, it was Volstagg who spoke up. "your skin seems...a bit different, my prince"

This has to be some cruel play of the Noŕniŕ.

"you probably were painting, weren't you, brother? It must be the paint!" Thor, who took a hint of what is happening, tried to distract his friends. "yes, it is paint" Loki blurted out, cursing internally. You stupid oaf.

"i...i better go clean it off. I'll be back before you guys know it" the young prince flickered his wrist, and disappeared into a green light, leaving the warriors in amusement.

◌⑅●♡⋆♡⋆♡●⑅◌⑅●♡⋆♡⋆♡●⑅◌

He appeared in his mother's library, feeling dizzy from the teleportation. It takes a lot of energy to teleport, which was why he preferred walking.

"mother!" His voice echoed through the high shelves, startling the All-mother. "yes, son?" she looked up from the letter she was writing, her eyes already filled with concern, seeing his skin tinted blue.

"oh norns," she got up, moving towards her son, embracing his face. "when did this happen?"

"i believe, five minutes ago,"

The queen of Asgard nodded, taking hint and immediately making the fireplace to burn with her golden Seiðr.

She dragged a chair near her and made him sit there and grabbed his hand, silently chanting spells to change his skin back to it's pale state. It took a while and when it worked, the queen looked rather worn out.

"Thank you, mother" he said smiling, his eyes still holding a hint of apprehension.

Frigga returned the smile, gently stroking her son's raven hair. She took a deep breath before asking him a question, to which she prayed the Noŕns for the answer to be negative. "did you feel any pain when it happened?"

"a slight headache, yes"

Her comforting smile dropped, and her eyes widened, being fixed on her son's which was way confused.

Is something wrong?

"come with me," she got up, walking her way out faster, that Loki had no time to think about anything but follow her to wherever his mother was leading to. "is something not right, mother?"

"answer me honestly now, did you witness something that made you nervous?" her face was expression-less, as they both reached his chambers. He didn't understand why they were here, but proceeded to answer the question.

"sort of. But it did not make me too nervous though," he tried to sound normal, trying not to think of that awkward scene again. "might i ask why that matters now?"

"well, i can imagine what you would have seen. But i believe you didn't on purpose," she shot him a warning glare while she spoke the last sentence, opening his bookshelves and took our a huge tome.

Loki didn't understand how it appeared, as he didn't have one before. But he did understood what she meant, his eyebrows raising up. She handed it to him, and began to speak. "if you have forgotten, i have placed this in your room long ago, to know better of the biological information about Jötunns"

He remained silent, his fingers tracing the the thick, silver letters on that royal blue tome. "yes, i remember now"

"do me a favor and read this. And whatever you do, don't leave your chambers till i tell you to," she said quickly, walking up to her son.

"please, answer me, mother. Is something wrong?" he sounded disturbed, obviously scared of this unusual and unwanted grounding.

"it's nothing, son. Don't be worried of it," she made him sit on a chair, and kissed his head before leaving with her usual, warm smile.

The young prince just sat there, confused and trying to understand what just happened.

Is he in trouble?