Chapter 8

"forgive me, my prince. But the All-mother is quite busy," the valkyrie tried her best to keep Thor from bursting into the queen's chambers, but the blonde prince was no different from an overexcited child, ready to show his mother her stick-woman portrait.

"listen here, lady, i have very important news to inform my mother. Now, please, allow me in." he, the prince of Asgard, tried not to beg as his urgent need to let the queen of Asgard know that the king-of-garbages isn't going to court her son.

"Sigrun!" they both turned their heads to the queen's voice from inside her chamber. "yes, your highness?" the valkyrie responded, ready to go in there if needed.

"send him in," Thor's adorable smile on hearing the sentence never left his face as he made his way in. "greetings, mother" he bowed his head slightly when he got in.

She nodded in response, her usual caring expression adorning her face. She was reading some letters, her back straight as all the royals were required to sit. "what is it that you wanted to tell me, son?"

He smiled widely, and began to speak of him and his sister's deal with The Grandmaster and his condition, the same smile appearing on his mother's face.

◌⑅●♡⋆♡⋆♡●⑅◌⑅●♡⋆♡⋆♡●⑅◌

He rolled to the other side of the white mattress, a sigh of pleasure leaving his mouth. "you were truly splendid," he smiled at the completely worn out man next to him, who was undoubtedly still trying to catch his breath. "thank you," he replied, a faint shade of pink covering his face.

Fandral shot him one of his charming smile and stared at the sheets for a solid minute, before asking him a question "would you like to meet me again, Espen? For a walk in the gardens, perhaps?" his eyes literally begged him to agree.

He had asked this question to everyone he had bedded, for the same walk in the gardens, and no one had the interest to be his romantic partner. Oh, how bad he wanted to walk in the green ground with his one, true love...

The man, of chosen name Espen, thought for a while before pursing his lips together. He pulled the blanket up his bare body and looked at the warrior, who still looked gorgeous after their intense lovemaking.

"forgive me, my lord, for i have much work tonight after serving the royals and the guests. I guess i won't be able to escape the kitchens for at least a week," he let out a nervous chuckle, not noticing the frown that was only on the blonde's face for a second.

He mouthed an 'it's okay', got up the bed and immediately covered his body with his robe that hung above the bed's headboard.

"you can leave when you have made yourself comfortable and have taken enough rest. I'll be meeting prince Thor, so don't expect me to return till night falls" the blonde spoke as he dressed up and made himself presentable before leaving.

◌⑅●♡⋆♡⋆♡●⑅◌⑅●♡⋆♡⋆♡●⑅◌

"you are here!" Thor's voice boomed through the room, startling his brother awake. "wha- do you have any common sense? I was sleeping, you oaf!" the trickster said, rubbed his eyes while prepping himself by his elbow on his bed dramatically, making the blonde raise his eyebrows.

"come on, brother, i literally begged mother to meet you. Anyways, i have important news," he said, tossing Mjölnir in the air.

"what? Have you finally found where I've hidden your war helmet?" Loki said nonchalantly, getting out of the sheets and shifting into a more comfortable position.

"no, sadly. It's about the grandmaster,"

"he died?"

"unfortunately, no. But he has cancelled the agreement,"

Loki blinked. What in the nine's-? Is this true?

"I'm afraid i don't follow," he said, hoping the sentence would be said again. "i and sister have made a deal with him. He agreed, with a condition,"

Thor walked up to the bed Loki was sitting on and grabbed his shoulders, looking in his brother's confused emerald eyes. "he truly is an idiot! The condition was to stay in Asgard till he gets to know the nine's better. He is really interested in political things, though,"

Loki, however, didn't see it that way. The ruler of a planet couldn't be that stupid. There must be something behind this.

"just that? He didn't ask for anything else?"

Thor shook his head and sighed. "At least say something, appreciative. I had to win a staring contest with that man," he chuckled, clapping his large hand on his brother's back.

Loki smiled, which seemed obviously forced, not meeting the blue orbs. "thank you for letting me know this, brother. Now, can i have some time on my own? I'm just not feeling well, that is all," he blurted out, fiddling with his hands.

The thunderer's eyes filled with concern, knowing what was going on with the raven, yet not really sure what he could do. Part of him was guilty, wondering if Loki has ever felt different from the others, knowing the fact that he was a jötunn himself.

Good thing, they told him that carefully when he was young, so that he didn't grew up to be thinking his own race were monsters.

"you will be alright soon. Don't stress yourself, It's nothing," he nodded reassuringly, and left the room before taking another glance at the mage over his shoulder.

◌⑅●♡⋆♡⋆♡●⑅◌⑅●♡⋆♡⋆♡●⑅◌

"how long are you planning to make me wait?"

The hologramic figure's raised voice echoed through the golden room, making the Grandmaster and his assistant nervous.

"please, listen what i have to say, my liege. Óðinn is about to make a, um what is it?" He turned to the emotion-less lady next to him, who looked the least bit interested in whatever that was going on. "peace treaty"

"yes, peace treaty! And i," he pointed at himself. "I'm going to stay here, till i get your treasure and come back to The Sanctuary. You have to trust me," he looked at the large man on the screen, that was set on his table, who lunged forward from his seat and hung his head.

"if you fail to bring me the tesseract," he looked at the elder. "i will not hesitate to rip your brother apart in pieces," he pointed towards a man, similar to the grandmaster, who was tied up, pieces of cloth covering his eyes and mouth.

"trust me, King Thanos, i will succeed"