13

chapter 13:

jeongwoo reached school to see haruto and junkyu laughing about something. jeongwoo smiled at the view and walked to the corridor, only to bump into chaeyoung.
"I guess I'll have a good day, bumping into the cutest senior", chaeyoung said.

jeongwoo chuckled and ruffled her hair, "oh sunbae! you ruined it!"
"did I? you look cute now"

"jeongwoo, are you okay?", junkyu asked jeongwoo. jeongwoo nodded with a smile, chaeyoung rolled her eyes at the sight of junkyu and haruto.

jeongwoo noticed it and chuckled before hitting slightly on her head. "go study!"
"ne, have a good day"
"I will, you too!"
chaeyoung bowed and ran to her class.

jeongwoo smiled and turned around to see haruto very close to him, jeongwoo stepped back.
"tie my shoelaces", he ordered.

jeongwoo nodded and did so. haruto walked to the class. jeongwoo went to sit beside doyoung who was sleeping. jeongwoo smiled and patted his head.
"wake up right now, or the teacher would scold everyone"

doyoung stretched. "how is this handsome boy sitting with me today?"
"I missed you!"
doyoung chuckled.

yedam and jihoon were playing thumb fight.
"come on, press it"
"no, I'll let you have it this time"

"aren't these two being very kind?", jeongwoo chuckled and hitted their heads.

"love birds aren't allowed in class!", yedam smiled and hid his face in jihoon's chest. doyoung cringed bad and tried copying yedam by doing the same with jeongwoo.

"haruto are you stupid! it's bleeding!", junkyu yelled.

jeongwoo looked back to see haruto's hand with the plaster on, bleeding a bit. jeongwoo got up and rushed back.

haruto stood up, staring at jeongwoo. jeongwoo tried holding his hand but haruto shook it off and headed out. jeongwoo sighed and followed him.

haruto walked fast to the medical room with jeongwoo yelling his name.

haruto sat on the bed, jeongwoo continued with his yelling.
"how can you be so careless! the wound hasn't even healed yet and you made it worse!?"
"that's what you've been doing to me!"
"what?"
"n-nothing!"
"watanabe haruto, I am telling you! if this-"
"it was your responsibility! you were my right hand! it's because of you!"
"me? how did-"
haruto's stare interrupted jeongwoo.

jeongwoo stopped yelling and looked down at haruto.

haruto held jeongwoo's hand and pulled him closer. jeongwoo didn't say anything and kept looking down at haruto, worryingly.

haruto wrapped his hands around jeongwoo's waist and rested his head on his abdomen.

jeongwoo sighed and said, "I can feel your sobs"
"look away, let me be myself with you, just for sometime"
jeongwoo looked away and waited for haruto to finish his crying session.

haruto didn't stop, jeongwoo started caressing haruto's hair. "come on now, you're a big boy, big boys don't cry so pathetically- they do cry! crying is okay, I'm not saying crying isn't-"
"you are the reason!"
"what did I do now?", jeongwoo sighed with his hands falling down, out of disappointment.

haruto held his hand and placed it on his head, "keep caressing my hair"
jeongwoo sighed and continued. haruto grasped jeongwoo's waist tightly.
"am I not the servant anymore-"

"shut up. you're annoying. everything you do is so- why do you have to be nice to others! why do you let them do anything to you? why don't you open up to me? understand me? why do you keep distancing yourself from me when you know I cannot live without you!?"
haruto left jeongwoo after self realisation of what he said, hit him.