12

chapter 12:

jeongwoo drove them to their house to see sunghoon's driver standing beside his bicycle. sunghoon smiled and clicked his tongue, "told you!"
jeongwoo chuckled.

sunghoon smiled and followed him inside. haruto went to his house. sunghoon followed jeongwoo to jeongwoo's place.

jeongwoo went inside and yelled, "mom, see who has come to meet you!"
his mom came out of the kitchen.
"hello, I'm park sunghoon, I hope you remember me!"
"ah! you're the one who dressed up as a penguin in the kindergarten-"
"you remember the most embarrassing one", sunghoon sighed.

she chuckled, "how are you son? it's been so long!"
"I've been well! I just missed your son so I tried to find him!"
she chuckled.

"come on, take a seat. I'll get you something to eat"
sunghoon nodded and sat down, observing his surroundings. jeongwoo said, "I'll go change and return these clothes to haruto"
sunghoon nodded.

jeongwoo came out after changing and washing haruto's clothes. he dried them.
sunghoon said, "what was up with the ink on you?"
"told you, nothing really. just someone getting cranky and trying to annoy the calmest person ever"
"I can guess who that someone is"
sunghoon chuckled. jeongwoo sighed.

jeongwoo went to haruto's house to see his mother standing on the front gate. she sighed. jeongwoo bowed to her and walked inside, he went to haruto's room and knocked.
"who?"
"I came to give your clothes back"
"keep it"
"i'm leaving them here, throw it or keep it, your choice"
haruto opened the door and pulled jeongwoo inside.

"I said, keep it!", haruto held his arm tightly.
"alright, let me go", haruto left his arm and sighed.

"help me close the shirt buttons", haruto said pointing at his hand. jeongwoo nodded.

jeongwoo started closing his buttons, haruto kept lessening the distance between them. jeongwoo looked up at haruto, haruto looked away, jeongwoo closed the remaining buttons and patted his shoulders once.

jeongwoo was about to head out when haruto said, "i'm hungry, feed me something"
"you just ate!"
"none of your business"
"sorry, my friend is waiting for me. you have other servants, they can feed you", jeongwoo walked out. haruto pouted.

jeongwoo went out and saw sunghoon roaming around in the garden.
"it took you a while"
"you know how he is"
"it's time for me to go home, I already ate what your mom made, it was very nice to see you after so long"
sunghoon smiled, preparing a fairwell.

jeongwoo nodded and said, "indeed. I hope we can see each other more often! I wasn't having a great day, but it turned out well, thanks to you!"
sunghoon nodded and looked behind jeongwoo to see haruto, sunghoon waved a bye to him.

haruto didn't reply. jeongwoo hugged sunghoon, "here's the hug you longed for", sunghoon smiled and hugged jeongwoo back.

"jeongwoo, you give the best hugs, I swear". jeongwoo smiled and pulled away. "get home safe!"
sunghoon nodded and walked to haruto.
"don't be that rude to him, he's already going through a lot, all he needs is someone who cares about him"
"why are you telling me this?"
"because I know you care haruto, because I know you've always cared for him. you like to annoy him, but there's always hidden care. don't say or do something so rude that you can't go back to being his best friend"
"um, thanks?"
sunghoon smiled.

"apologizing always makes things better"
"you should go now, penguin!"
sunghoon chuckled and went out, waving at jeongwoo who was smiling.

jeongwoo looked at haruto who was already staring at him and started walking back to his house.

"do my homework for me!", haruto yelled. jeongwoo texted his mom and walked to haruto.

mrs watanabe noticed the boys going upstairs, "jeongwoo you better be nice to my injured son!"
she yelled.

jeongwoo sighed and nodded. jeongwoo opened the door for haruto and closed it after getting inside. jeongwoo glanced at his jersey which was kept on the bed.

haruto laid on the bed. jeongwoo sat on his study table and started doing his homework.

"haruto"
"hm?"
"why were you fighting with the senior?"
"I thought you weren't curious at all"
jeongwoo didn't reply.

"he was talking ill about you and your girlfriend"
"you fighting him still doesn't make sense"
"you didn't deny about having a girlfriend"
"I already told you, I would've told you if I liked someone"
haruto didn't reply.

"it's clearly visible chaeyoung likes you"
"but I don't like her that way, I think of her as a sister!"
"everyone you take care of, do you think of them as a brother or sister?"
jeongwoo stared at haruto and shook his head, picking up the jersey.

"what am I, then?"
"my best friend", jeongwoo said looking at haruto's name on the jersey.
haruto looked away, without replying.

jeongwoo closed haruto's books. mrs watanabe came inside with food.

"son, it's time for you to eat"

haruto sat up. jeongwoo sighed.

mrs watanabe smiled and winked at his son before going out.

jeongwoo sat beside haruto and started feeding him. "toddler!"
"what did you say?"
"nothing"
jeongwoo controlled his laugh after noticing the food crumbs around haruto's mouth. haruto looked in the mirror then sat back.

jeongwoo was cleaning haruto's lips with his fingers. haruto stared at jeongwoo, "what are you doing?"
"cleaning-"
haruto held jeongwoo's hand.

jeongwoo looked at haruto in confusion.
"don't"

jeongwoo nodded. haruto cleared his throat, jeongwoo handed him the glass of water.

haruto drank it. jeongwoo handed him a tissue. haruto took it, jeongwoo said, "i'll leave now".

haruto nodded, jeongwoo walked outside.

thank you for checking out the story

thank you for checking out the story. hope you're enjoying.
have a good day! ♡
✄✄✄✄