eight

I quickly grabbed my backpack and ran out of the house as fast as possible. Fuck, i'm gonna be late.

I checked my phone. There were a lot of messages and a few missed calls with most of them being from Ayaka.

I slept through my alarm, even though i went to bed early. But it didn't matter anymore. What mattered was reaching school before the first bell rang.

Thankfully, it didn't take me too long. I entered the classroom with a few minutes to spare before the first period started.

I walked up to my usual seat. I said 'hi' to Ayaka and Hu Tao before even looking at them.

But i was taken aback when i found the brunette girl peacefully sleeping on her desk.

I glanced at Ayaka. She was also looking at the napping Hu Tao and smiling.

"Wow, Hu Tao is actually sleeping? She looks so calm, unlike her usual self." I spoke.

"She does, indeed." Ayaka replied. She then added, "Too bad we have to wake her up. There isn't much time left until class starts".

I nodded and then proceeded to slightly shake Hu Tao.
"Um, Hu Tao, wake up..."

"...No Zhongli, fuck off..." She drowsily murmured.

I tried my best to not burst out in laughter.

"I, no, Hu Tao, it's me, Y/n."

"Shut up Zhongli, i can clearly see you're not Y/n..."

"Hu Tao, class is about to start. Come on... wake up..." Ayaka tried her best to wake the girl up, but it didn't seem to work.

Unexpectedly a particular teal haired male walked up to us. He kneeled down and whispered something to Hu Tao.

Whatever he said to her, it was definitely some kind of keyword.

Hu Tao suddenly woke up, looking super excited.

"WHERE ARE THEY??"

After seeing her wake up, Xiao simply walked away without saying a word.

Hu Tao turned to me and Ayaka. Her enthusiasm faded away when she saw our confused expressions.

"Aw man, he lied to mee~' the girl whined.

"What did Xiao whisper to you?" I asked.

"He said someone wanted to talk with ghosts and was seeking my services. But turns out it wasn't true. What a bummer... "

"It seems like he knew how to provoke your interest . Did something between you happen?" Ayaka joined the conversation.

"Not really. We just texted for a bit last night like you suggested."

"That's nice to hear! I hope we can see the two of you get along"  the white haired girl exclaimed.

"Yeah, i also hope..." Hu Tao muttered.

I then remembered Ayaka knew something about Kazuha. I was about to question her, but was interrupted by the bell.

I decided to ask her during lunch. That way, she wouldn't be able to avoid my question.

{A few hours later}

After two more classes it was finally lunch time. Like usual, me, Hu Tao, Ayaka and Thoma headed to the cafeteria.

We were discussing where should we go after lunch when we heard a girl's voice call us.

"Hey! Are you also going to the cafeteria?"