Chapter 01

Kaede's POV

It's been a week since our match with Ryonan, what a tiring yet worth it match. It was the match that marked whether we, the Shohoku Basketball Team, go to the Nationals or not. God, I'm thankful we're going to the Nationals. For sure, they'll be there as well. *chuckles* Sila pa ba? Kayang kaya nila 'yon.

  * Sila pa ba? Kayang kaya nila 'yon - It's them, surely they'll win. (not a direct translation but it's something like this <:)

I got distracted from my thoughts when I heard my mom calling me, hopefully she won't invite people to celebrate with us, I'm too tired to socialize.

"Kaede, come, let's have our dinner." Mom said. I got up from bed and headed downstairs.

While we were eating, Mom mentioned that Liana and Gracie will be coming home in a month. I missed them so much, but unfortunately, the Nationals will start a month from now. I definitely need a lot of training to do to prepare for the Nationals, and speaking of it, we have a practice match with Josei High next week.

"We have training for the rest of the month to prepare for the National Tournament, I'll probably come home late." I told them.

"Sure" Dad said, "but can you dismiss early from your training this friday? We will have dinner with a family friend. You have to be there with us, okay?" Mom continued. I just replied with an okay.

I then headed back upstairs, to my bedroom. Took a shower, and after everything else, I'm finally going to sleep. This day has been tiring.

-

Nia's POV

The airplane just landed, I'm finally back here. I missed you, Japan.

Oh, hi there, I'm Nia! Were you wondering where I was? Well, I attended an international ballerina class in the US. T'was nice being surrounded with people with the same likes as me.

As soon as I got back to our house, I unpacked some of my things, and freshened up myself. I'll rest in the meantime, I'm way too tired.

I woke up as I heard my mom calling me for dinner, I got up from my bed and headed downstairs to eat. While eating mom mentioned that we'll be having dinner with a family friend by the end of the week. Mom mentioned I might know who their son was. Wait... son? Oh gosh, please tell me this isn't a setup (◕︵◕)

I really couldn't get out of my mind about what my mom said, I might know who their son was..? I got distracted from my thoughts when I heard my phone ringing. It was my best friend who was calling.

"Velle?"

"Niaaa! OMG How are you? Are you in Japan already?" Velle replied.

"I'm good, but still kinda tired. And yes, I'm already back in Japan" *chuckles*

"So when are we gonna have our bestie date?" I continued

"Oh I was waiting for you, I missed you so so much, Nia! This Saturday, you okay with that?"

"Sure, sure, but I'll have to tell my parents about this first, okay?" I replied, somehow laughing.

"Sure! If tita and tito won't let you, let me talk to them, I have ✨bestie charm✨" she said, laughing at the end.

  * tita - aunt ; tito - uncle

"Okay, I trust your ✨bestie charm✨" I said while laughing lightly

"Of course, you definitely should! I mean, ako pa ba? Hellooo?? This is Velle, you know *chuckles* shoot, I have to go now"

  * ako pa ba - i'm not sure what's the direct term of this in english but it's usually said when you're joking around with your friends, like "I can't believe you doubt I can do this" or something along that line

"Sure sure. I also need to rest again, still jet lagged. Good night, Velle, and see you soon!" I replied to her

"Bye, Nia. Good night, and tell me if you like someone already!" she said, somehow joking at the end.

"Sira ka talaga" I said, then we said our goodbyes again and ended the call.

  * Sira ka talaga - you're crazy (note: this is not the direct translation but it fits better <:)

Velle, I missed her so much! I'm really looking forward to our bestie date this coming Saturday! Hopefully my parents will let me. ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶

timeskip

It's now friday - tonight is the dinner with a family friend. Hopefully everything will turn out well.