Chapter 2: Out of This World

The next day rolled around as the city was full of busy people per usual. Most were exhausted, tolerating taking transportation to their work places. You, amongst the minority of working people who actually enjoys their career, worked left and right without ceasing throughout hours. Not even yourself could even notice just how hardworking you've become through the satisfaction serving customers. The only difference you've only noticed today was the disappearance of Yutani's iconic waitress robot invention. And unbeknownst to you,your one and only favorite group made an entrance.
    "Hey, (Y/N)!"
    "Wassup, (Y/N)!"
    "Yo, (Y/N)!"
    "Good morning, (Y/N)!"
A couple of voices bombarded altogether calling out to you but you recognized each and every individual. It made you smile and turn to the quartet. "Hey, gang!" you happily responded back.
Placing the pen held in one hand to your ear, you used your free hand to give fist bumps after they sat down in their signature booth.
"I noticed the waitress wasn't able to arrive today. Why's that?" you asked, referring the question towards the intelligent inventor.
"Oh, you mean the robot," Yutani questioned, receiving a nod in response. "She is pretty much in work in progress. I saw how she would interact with customers so all my work was for nothing." Yutani criticized, mostly on herself than the robot itself.
"Hey," you said, hand placed on her shoulder. "You love inventing and building, don't you?"
Yutani's eyes look up to you, remaining gloomy as she nodded.
"I know what it's like to be like you. But hope you see those mistakes and downfalls as stepping stones and not something to push you over the edge. As frustrating as it may be," you informed, chuckling at the end in an attempt to lighten the harsh reality to your advice.
"But you're too young to be dealing with such thoughts cutting yourself short.
Yutani looked to the side seemingly bummed-out as she said, "But the thing is I don't want you guys worrying about loads of customers. And if I don't fix her knowing it's in my control, I'd be a burden."
With an airy laugh, you did a noogie on her hooded head. "Worry about yourself first, okay?"
    After you said that, you walked away to a calling customer waiting to get their order down. Meanwhile with the teenagers, everyone's eyes were on Yutani—worried—as they haven't realized how stressed Yutani is becoming.

Tricky, seated right next to her, placed a hand on her shoulder. "(Y/N) is right, Tani. Take it easy for your sake."
Yutani observed the reactions of her two other friends for guidance. Jake and Fresh both agreed with Tricky.
"Yeah," Yutani sighed. "Guess (Y/N) is right. I was pushing myself too much without realizing it had an impact on me. Sorry." Yutani sheepishly said with a shy smile.
Tricky shook her head and went for a tight hug while reassuring her. Jake and Fresh also giving her their support.
Overhearing the group's encouragement and nice words for Yutani, you cracked a smile while continuing to write down the orders. Finishing that task, you told the customers in the booth that their orders will be sent shortly before walking where Mully stood in front of the stove cooking somebody else's order and clipped the paper to the order rack.
Returning back to the Subway Surfers' table, you've noticed Yutani was doing better.

"Things have been worked out in the end, yes?" you asked.
Her eyes avoided yours while she scratched the back of her neck flustered of embarrassment. "Yeah, thanks to you for making me realize I should take a break."
Hearing those words were just enough. You noogied the top of her alien hoodie again.
"Glad you took the self-realization, Y."

Clearing out your throat, you hovered the pen over the notepad and back with your waitress demeanor, said, "So, anything in mind for you four?"
Everybody pondered on what each their brunches might be. Yutani spoke up first. "Perhaps a sundae would be alright. Oo, add extra fudge too, please!"
Yutani's craving of extra fudge never failed to make you smile. You written it down on your notepad as Fresh spoke next who ordered a jelly cheeseburger with a marshmallow poked through with a toothpick on top. Then Tricky who wanted a sandwich before Jake ordered lastly of French fries and a bottle of ketchup. After dotting down everyone's orders, you went over to the stove where Mully was standing and hung the small paper upon the rack full of other orders.
"One sandwich containing lettuce and tomatoes, one jelly cheeseburger, plus the marshmallow, one fries with a side of ketchup, and a sundae. The usual for the kids."