CHAPTER TEN

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."

Den apartments was located on the south side of Gotham, it was rundown but had a homey vibe

Den apartments was located on the south side of Gotham, it was rundown but had a homey vibe. By the time Alex and Bat had separated and met back up there, he was there first as he quicker, on his motorbike and all. Alex had calmed down after the drive up, drowning her eardrums to her favorite CD.

Alex checked the list of names of the complex to buzz up, and saw that P. Fleck resides in apartment 8C. Assuming the apartment was under his mothers name, whatever that may be. After no sight of her partner, she approached the back of the building. Like clockwork he exits from the shadows. "So how are we planning on getting up there?"

Batman grabs a small grapple device from his belt. "I'm planning on using this."

"Uhm, maybe there's a ladder on the other side..." Alex goes to walk past him to the other side of the building but he stops her by stepping in front of her. "Hey-"

"I'll go up and check-" He begins explaining. Alex simply rolls her eyes at the vigilante.

"Fuck no, I found out this information, I have every right... hell even more right, to go up there before you." She mutters angrily. Bat's doing a very great job at pissing Alex off today.

"Alex it might not be safe-" Batman tries reasoning, but it just bothers her more, if possible.

"How many times do I have to tell you I can handle myself." Alex's voice raises slightly, stepping evening closer to him, her chest pressing up against his. He doesn't even flinch and just stares down at her.

"Fine. Let's go." Swiftly he wraps his right arm around her waist, and with his left, triggering the device latching onto an 8th floor window. Suddenly the pair are pulled up. Alex doesn't have much time to process, the cold evening air enveloping her.

Reaching the 8th floor, Batman quickly places the grapple back in his belt and keeps them steady. Alex pulls one arm off from around his neck and reaches forward to open the window. Successfully, she looks over at him, faces inches apart from his. It didn't really shock her, adrenaline was coursing through her veins at the moment. He nods for her to climb inside. She begins going through, he helps guide her slightly.

One Alex crawls through the window Bat's next. It was more of a tight fit, with his thick armor. As soon as he's inside Alex instantly starts speed running down the hall, looking for 8C. He quickly catches up, noticing her fearlessness. She doesn't even care that they could potentially get the killer in a few moments, she isn't scared or phased. She feels nothing but determination. Her right hand is firmly placed on the gun on her hip.

Once the door is in front of her, she twists the knob in case it was left unlocked, but unfortunately not. She takes a step back allowing Bat access. He lifts his right leg off the ground and kicks under the doorknob, the door flying open. Before he can register in, Alex is pulling her gun from the holster and enters. "GCPD if anyone is in here, make yourself known."