Chapter 16

Evelyne's POV
"W-what do I do?!"

"Okay. Listen to me. Put my shirt on. Is it on?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Is he still unconscious?"

I looked at Benjamin.

"Yes."

"See that toolbox?"

"Y-yes."

"Grab it then throw it out the window."

I picked up the toolbox then threw it.

"Now what?!"

"Climb out it!"

"What?!"

"Evelyne do it! I'm coming to get you! Climb out the window then wait on the right side!"

"I-I'm not good with heights!"

"Baby you have to listen to me! It's the only way I can get to you right now! The cops are coming! Please climb out that goddamn window!"

"O-okay!"

"Yell when you're out!"

I used what was left of my shirt to move away the glass. I took a deep breath. I stepped out.

"I'M OUT!"

"I'M COMING!"

"PLEASE HURRY!"

I waited where he told me to. I saw him appear on the ground. I saw he was on his phone.

"Yeah I see her. Baby listen to me! Walk slowly and carefully!"

I gulped.

"I-I'm gonna fall!"

"Don't think like that! I'm right here!"

I started walking.

"Make a left at that corner! There's a tree straight ahead of that!"

I got to the corner and turned left. I looked down and saw Jace was walking with me. Then I heard sirens.

"Don't focus on that, focus on me!"

I gulped again. I made my way to the tree. Jace put his phone in his pocket. He climbed up the tree. I stepped away from the ledge. Jace held his arms out.

"Baby jump! I fucking promise I'll catch you!"

I jumped and shut my eyes. I opened them and saw I was on a branch.

"See? I caught you."

"I-I wasn't doubting you."

"Baby relax. You're shaking."

I looked at my hands and saw he was right.

He jumped down from the tree.

"Jump!"

I shut my eyes and jumped again. I opened my eyes and saw Jace caught me. He put me down the hung up the phone. He put it back in his pocket. My legs were shaking like crazy.

"Can you walk?"

"I-I dunno!"

"Fuck."

He picked me up bridal style. He started running. I couldn't stop shaking.

"Baby you're safe. I'm so sorry this happened to you."

"I-it's not your fault."

When we got to the front of the house, there were two ambulances. I saw Benjamin getting brought out on a stretcher.

"Please don't tell me that I killed him! I-I was defending m-myself!"

"Love, look at me."

Jace put me in the second ambulance. He sat on the stretcher then cupped my face.

"You did the right thing."

"H-he had a gun!"

"What?!"

"H-he held up against my head when he was raping me!"

Jace pulled himself closer to me.

"You're okay."

He kissed the side of my head. I burrowed my face into his chest. I started holding the different shirt he had on.

"We need to take her blood pressure."

I extended my arm.

"You're blood pressure is extremely high. Are you having a panic attack?"

"I think she is."

"Does she have a history of anxiety or anything?"

"Yes. This wasn't the first time she's been assaulted. Let's not mention the shark attack."

"I'm going to give you an IV now."

I felt a tourniquet get put on me. Then I felt a little poke. I wrapped my arms around Jace.

If they want me to let go of him, they're gonna have to tear me away from him.

"Is there any family coming for her?"

"Her mom is at work. One of her brothers is coming here. She doesn't need to go right away right? She's not a trauma patient."

As soon as he said that, a car pulled up. My brother Moxley got out of the car. I wrapped all of my limbs around Jace. My nails were digging into his back.

"Who are you?"

"I'm her brother."

"How old are you?"

"22."

I should tell him now!

"Jace?"

"Hm?"

"I-I'm pregnant."

"Holy shit! Really?!"

"At least I'm sure I am."

"That's fucking amazing!"

"You got my sister pregnant?!"

"And on that note! I'll see you at the hospital!"

Jace kissed my hands then jumped out of the ambulance. Moxley handed Jace, his car keys.

"Crash her and I kill you."

Jace gulped.

"G-got it!"

"No no! Dominik you have to come with me!"

"Love I can't. Trust me. I really wish I could. I'll see you there. I'll be right behind you. I love you."

"I-I love you too." I said as my voice cracked.

Moxley and a cop got in the ambulance and sat down in one of the seats. The ambulance started moving.

"What the fuck happened?"